ZRoadster.net Karting event ?

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

ZRoadster.net Karting event ?

Post by Adam »

Driving home tonight I suddenly thought of the following.

My father and a friend own an outdoor karting track in South Wales. How about a Zroadster.net karting event? Maybe incorporate it into a cruise down this way at some time.

For our own circuit hire we would be looking at £30-£35 per competitor for the racing. Dependant on numbers wanting to drive, the event would be catered for the number of drivers. Ideally 10+ drivers for an event. The more the merrier. We don’t do the grand prix format as short sprint races…individual drivers = arguments. We generally run endurance races with teams. I’m sure something could be done to accommodate a bunch of likeminded BMW nuts. We have had the VX220 south owners group do similar and recently an online car gaming group "live for speed" hired the track.

Things bouncing around my head are:

Contacting the local main dealer (Sytners Newport) and seeing if they would supply anything in terms of prizes for winners (hats, shirts etc)

My main occupation is manufacturing and wholesaling kites & air toys…..bunting etc…so I could get some BMW flags I expect and some blue & white bunting around the track.

I would arrange for some decent bubbly for the winners (not the usual buck fizz stuff) and I would sort out some nice engraved trophies/medals/cups maybe some boobie prizes for last place....crash of the day etc. (not that we want crashes)

I can arrange for catering as well. Baguettes, hot pasties/pies, Hot & cold drinks (would have to have numbers and talk to the caterers on price).

Spectators and families welcome.

Just a thought. The website (in need of a revamp by me) is www.g-forcekarting.co.uk

Lets see if it’s a good idea or not ?

Adam
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Top idea Adam. I would be interested to start the ball rolling.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Great idea. I'm definitely interested :thumb:
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Sounds cool, defo interested.

I always end up at the back though due to "weight" issues, I tell everyone its a handicap system to even out skill levels :D

Are they twin engine karts ?
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Gio

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gio »

Good idea, I'd be up for it :)
ImageImage
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

The karts are not twin engined. The track is about 530m in length. the karts (our new ones being rolled out for easter) are de-restricted 200cc 4 strokes. In testing they are hitting 35-37mph on the straight using the GPS. Slipstreaming upto 40mph.

The track is wide and flowing. I know that traditionally indoor karting is tight, twisty so pick up can be an issue for the slightly larger framed people. Our top corner has been described as a bit like laguna seca! doubles back on you, downhill, adverse camber = gravel trap often.

I put a video of my kart lapping the track on facebook... you have to sign in though (have an account)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 8294275318

Hopefully I can sort out a video on the website soon.
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

Post by Michael McGovern »

never been go karting before. i dont understand why but never materialises. Are karting virgins welcome?
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Great idea Adam.

I've always wanted to try karting, but never had the chance.
Trouble is, my 'skill handicap' will probably be even higher than Jonttt.
:shock:

Keep us posted on your plans.

A.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Lol Alfie, the higher the weight "handicap" the better the driver (like touring cars / horse racing :wink: )

Weight makes a massive difference on karts (hence skinny pros).

If you've not done it before it is fantastic fun. Indoor tacks can be hit and miss depending on the layout / numbe of karts.

Outdoor is ace, especially in the wet.

Warning though, you will use muscles you never knew you had :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

Post by Michael McGovern »

Is this still happening?
tomf84

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by tomf84 »

I might well be up for this...
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

I can arrange it no probs.

All I would need would be some dates suggested by people and numbers of people that would drive. From that I can sort out what event we could do and if it would be the £30 or £35 a head option of racing.