Gaydon Show 2010

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Gaydon Show 2010

Post by indizee »

HI , is there a Z stand at Gaydon on 15th August? I know there is going to be a big stand for the Coupes and the BMWCC do organise most things there, but I was wondering if there will be a Z stand or if any members are going.
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The BMWCC organize everything there and you need to be a BMWCC member to display your car. Having said that, we almost started a zed display in the car park one year. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I'll be there and am on the display stand.

I think there are a few other zeds from here on as well :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

Jonttt, when you say you are on the display stand. Are you on a Zed display or a generic BMWCC display? I'll be going on the day, but hopefully the marshalls will send me in the direction of other zeds.
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I'm not sure as I've not been before.

I thought there was "display" passes and then general parking ?

I have a display pass through the BMWCC with a wrist band to get me in.

I'm lazy and figured display passes would have less far to walk :D
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Last year they put all the zeds together, looks like we'll have to join the BMWCC.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Is it too late to join and still get to display?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

I'm on the BMWCC zregister stand this year too. I think you have to be in the BMWCC and have registered your car to get onto any of the stands.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I just paid for my ticket to the Z3MC area.

Rock on!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I am on the stand now :D

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Yeah - you have to be a z register member of the car club and apply for a display pass.
We will have a prime spot at the front of the arena - I hope - like last year. At the last count there were about 15 places allocated.
Remember you have to be there early.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I'm on the BMWOwner stand 8-)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Cool, will be great to see that car of yours :wink:

I would have travelled down the night before but have a party on the Sat night and 4am start on Sunday morning :shock:
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

I'd be on the stand if I could get ticket. Anyone got a telephone number for the BMWCC Admin? Please PM me only this number.
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

I'll be just visiting the show as I need to watch the pennies for holidays the following week and the dent devil guy at the show to do my doors :D Maybe next year when the rest of my body work and wheel refurb will make it show worthy.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Althulas wrote:...the dent devil guy at the show to do my doors :D
Would be interested to know their prices - the one that came to Tatton earlier in the year had put their prices up considerably from last year - from memory I paid £30 for my door last year, and £58 this year to do my wheelarch. I think that was the standard per panel charge, not that it was a more difficult job as someone else turned them down for the same price to do a door.

Cheers R.
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

indizee wrote:I'd be on the stand if I could get ticket. Anyone got a telephone number for the BMWCC Admin? Please PM me only this number.
You have PM
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Robert T wrote:
Althulas wrote:...the dent devil guy at the show to do my doors :D
Would be interested to know their prices - the one that came to Tatton earlier in the year had put their prices up considerably from last year - from memory I paid £30 for my door last year, and £58 this year to do my wheelarch. I think that was the standard per panel charge, not that it was a more difficult job as someone else turned them down for the same price to do a door.

Cheers R.
I paid 50 quid last year to remove a nasty pointed dent from my boot which I in my own opinion was worth every penny as I thought it was going to be a filler job and paint, so I'll be happy to pay that to have my doors ding free.
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

22 cars being displayed on the Z register site including - I hope - a Z8.
We have been allocated the best site at Gaydon. The front row directly in front of the museum. I am hoping to arrange the cars in order ie Z1 then Z3, then Z4 etc. I hope I have details of everyones cars so that I can achieve this.
Remember you have to be there early
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Phil, what time is early ?
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

The display pass says after 8.30am but you have to be there before the show opens to the public. I would suggest around 9.00am.
I'm supposed to be there by 7.30am - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Phil wrote:I'm supposed to be there by 7.30am - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roflmao: :roflmao: guess you'll be having an early night and foregoing Saturday's evening meal then :roll:
Shame really - it sound good :twisted:
Image :devil:
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

No - I just wont have time to spruce up the car - will have to wait till I get to Gaydon on Sunday morning. :lol:

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Can I park next to you then if your doing the honours :wink:

9am is fine for me, just gotta get away from the previous evenings barbie early :shock:
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

I'm looking forward to my first Z meet and putting faces to names :drive
Bouldy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bouldy »

I'm up near Warwick visiting family on the 15th not to far from Gaydon, would love to pop in and meet a few of you, one slight problem, I'll be with my partner and son, so bringing the Z'd is going to be a problem, may have to use the E90 but if manage to sneek out for a couple of hours, I'll make a point of introducing myself 8-)
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

I should have known that resistance is futile, so I've coughed up for a BMWCC membership but should have got a family membership being so the wifebot owns a Cooper S. Hopefully I might be able to display my tatty M but I be visiting the show anyway if anything to say hello and visit the dent devil guy.
ImageImage
The Navigator

M roadster S54

Post by The Navigator »

If you want to display your car at Gaydon, you need to contact the BMWCC office and see if there are any places left.
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen

The glass is either half full or half empty.......or twice the size it needs to be!
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

There are no places left on the Z display according to someone else who wanted a display pass.

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I'm heading down with some of the Coupe guys so should get there about 9ish :drive
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

I'll be on the stand at Gaydon (display pass Zed 11 which I booked yonks ago before I left for nearly a month in America). Back home now and still suffering from jetlag after an overnight flight from San Francisco.

I had to miss Gaydon last year, so I'm greatly looking forward to the whole weekend including a dinner cruise on the River Avon at Stratford on the Saturday evening and an overnight stop at the Pheasant at Charlecote, all organised by our esteemed Z Register chairman Phil and very much appreciated.

Being a member of the BMWCC (GB) does have its advantages. To be honest, I do not make full use of the services on offer, but as a proud Zedder I just feel I should be in the club as a matter of principle.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

My poor old Zed is looking a bit worse for wear, think it'll be better parked at the back :lol:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I received a replacement display pass today (after the first one disappeared in the post) for the zed register stand on Sunday :)

Its just a shame I have no zed to display at the moment, unfortunately its in the bodyshop being repaired as I ran into the garage wall last night :head:

After a mad rush around this morning we found a decent bodyshop (hopefully) with a very nice chap who said he would juggle some things around and get my car repaired so I can collect it on Saturday ready in time for the show on Sunday :lol:

Saturday afternoon is gonna be one mad rush now to get the car sorted and sparkling in time for Gaydon, fingers crossed!
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

You do realise how much stick your going to get now :D
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Jonttt wrote:You do realise how much stick your going to get now :D
If I diguise myself as a women I reckon I can get away with it :shock:

Seriously, I don't think I could pull off any excuse for what I did, so I deserve all the stick I get!!!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I remember my dad driving his very first "new" car through the back of the garage wall when it was only 2 months old, he never lived it down and tried to blame my mother for leaving it in gear even thought she didn't drive at the time :D
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

g8jkaz wrote: its in the bodyshop being repaired as I ran into the garage wall last night :head:

you muppet, after I helped you to recolour your roof, you went and parked it into a wall!!
Then I had to stop halfway though cleaning mine to take you to the bodyshop,
then I had to lend you my spare car so now I have no choice but to use the Z4 for 3 days, even if it rains and all my cleaning will have been wasted...
Kids!!! who'd have 'em

:D

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

g8jkaz wrote:
If I diguise myself as a women I reckon I can get away with it :shock:

!
Have you seen the 'Bounty' kitchen roll adverts? :shake:

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

gookah wrote:Have you seen the 'Bounty' kitchen roll adverts? :shake:
I've seen worse than those: :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt-5-L7JKb0

There's an entire ruddy series of these - and yes, it is a bloke. :lol:

Cheers R.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

gookah wrote: you muppet, after I helped you to recolour your roof, you went and parked it into a wall!!
Then I had to stop halfway though cleaning mine to take you to the bodyshop,
then I had to lend you my spare car so now I have no choice but to use the Z4 for 3 days, even if it rains and all my cleaning will have been wasted...
Kids!!! who'd have 'em

:D
Yeah you also recoloured most of the paintwork, windows and half the interior!

Well I don't mind you having that beast of a machine back and I will drive the Z4 around for 3 days, I don't mind getting it dirty for you, its about time you had an excuse to give it a proper clean.

And its all you fault that I'm here, this conversation wouldn't be happening if I'd have brought that Clio :oops:
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

There are 25 Zs on the display including a Z8 and a rare Z1. So rare that I dont know what it is!!! :shock:
If only it would stop raining so I could clean the car.
Mind you there is the Cotswold Drive tomorrow morning with 18 cars ploughing through the manured lanes so I'll have to do it all again before Sunday morning. :roll:

yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I should still be in attendance... got my hotel booked! Can't wait 8-)
cathia777

Z4 roadster 2.0

Post by cathia777 »

Brazilian greetings!!

I am trying to gather as many as Z3 as possible to drive along to the BMW Festival event.

I live in Essex (Basildon). Anyone from Kent or Essex driving to Gaydon??

Can't wait till Sunday :dunce:

Cathia
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

If you decide to drive via Cornwall, I'm in :D
cathia777

Z4 roadster 2.0

Post by cathia777 »

nice shortcut from Essex to Warwickshire :oops:
yalden wrote:If you decide to drive via Cornwall, I'm in :D
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I've just cleaned mine in heavy rain :D (but did manage to get it indoors to dry :wink:

Under cover now until Sunday :drive
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

cathia777 wrote:Brazilian greetings!!

I am trying to gather as many as Z3 as possible to drive along to the BMW Festival event.

I live in Essex (Basildon). Anyone from Kent or Essex driving to Gaydon??

Can't wait till Sunday :dunce:

Cathia
I'll be going from Romford, leaving about 7.15 am saturday :lol:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

cathia777 wrote:Brazilian greetings!!

The only thing I'm waxing is the car!!! :shake: