M6 run on friday......?

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
swamper

M roadster S50

M6 run on friday......?

Post by swamper »

right boys and girls....time is upon us..........who what were and when are people wanting to meet up on the M6 on friday?
there is no excuse i will listen to..if your traveling down the M6 on friday then we should try and get together .........your not part of this show...you are the show,....so lets have it?

we have a starter for to at sandbach services for 10
the badness makes me do it...!

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: M6 run on friday......?

Post by Jonttt »

Swamper not to highjack your thread :oops: but I was about to start one and you beat me to it ;-)

I'm now thinking of running over early (can't believe I just said that) so that I can get on the infield by 9.30am and watch the Friday racing in full.

Its a 3 hour run for me hitting the M6 after about 30min in at junction 21 (M62/M6).

So my logic is I want to get there for 8.30 (I know it gets worse) so need to leave at 5.30am BUT I want to have breakfast on the way so am adding 30 minutes and leaving at 5am :head: and hitting the M6 j23 about 5.30am.

Its a straight run down the M6 and I'll be using the toll road to bypass Birmingham and hit the M1.

I would normally stop at the M6 toll services which is halfway for me (Norton Canes WS11 9UX) for breakfast so should get there for 6.30am and leave at 7am getting to silverstone at 8.30am.

So if anyone is heading south down the M6 aiming to get to silverstone for the infield before 9.30am I'm happy to meet up at Norton Cane services on the toll road between 6.30am and 7am.

As I've given myself 1 hour for traffic / weather :head: / marshalling on site I'm also happy to make a quick stop or 2 on the way down at other services (eg Keele, etc....) but meeting on the toll for a longer stop makes sense to me and we would still have a 90 min run in.

My two pennies worth, if people want to join up feel free :-D if not see you there
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
swamper

M roadster S50

Re: M6 run on friday......?

Post by swamper »

ok thats put a whole new twist on it...........the mrs has just said "thats more like it" :D
the badness makes me do it...!