Cruise ideas for the Spring

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Cruise ideas for the Spring

Post by Deano1712 »

I'm thinking of planning a cruise for March or April and fancied a change from my normal routes in Yorkshire that I have used for the last 5-years. Sooooooo I'm looking for ideas...I dont want to venture too far south so the options are maybe Lincs or Derbyshire. We need quiet roads so the latter worries me. Anyone got any views on good territory for cruises, nice roads, routes or lunch venues? East Yorks is another option. We could take in the coast with that or Lincs (fish and chiop lunch :) ). The other option is to head north in God's county and do Buttertubs. All good.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
pete59

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Cruise ideas for the Spring

Post by pete59 »

Lincs roads are great but Plods red hot on speed most roads are 50 max,and they look for you too!
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Spokey used do some cracking runs towards that area, so might be worth asking him for any pointers.
I looked at a Lincs route for my lot but like mentioned it seems to be a area that's got some great but heavily trafficked roads- and a love of scamera.

However , I'd join you :)
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Count us in Mark,
Out of Otley The B6451 to Summer Bridge ,Pateley Bridge,B6265 to Grassington,cut over to Settle B6479 TO Hawes and then over the buttertubs to Kirkby Stephen.(never done it but up the B6276 middleton-in teesdale to Barnard Castle) and then whatever. Or just a cruise over the moors and fish/chips in whitby.
A few thoughts from the Martian :lol:
Moz
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I may be doing a run with a reason. To see the BBMF or chasing a steam train (I did this once from Nottingham to Carlisle :D ).

It's a personal thing, but I prefer to have a reason to drive other than just to turn O2 into CO & CO2 - but I'm still happy to join you on a cruise.
Pingu