Shere hill climb

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Shere hill climb

Post by gas guzzler »

This is sometime off, Sept 8th, but looks like a bit of fun. My brother and some other friends have already booked their cars in, as you can see from the photos some intresting motors going up. Room for 120 cars, £50 for three runs, quite expensive as they're not timed runs and you're restricted to 60mph
but the money is for charity. Going to try and get my other car booked in, just have to get it back on the road in time.
http://www.sherehillclimb.co.uk/

Andy
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Shere hill climb

Post by pingu »

The website seems to have everything - except a location - is it near Guildford?

£50 seems steep (did you see what I did there?) for a climb where the speed is limited. But, what is the likelyhood of being able to go faster than 60mph anyway?

I'd consider if if it were close enough.
Pingu
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

pingu wrote:The website seems to have everything - except a location - is it near Guildford?
Staple Lane GU4
shere hill website wrote:The event takes place up Staple Lane, in the Surrey Hills near Guildford. The lane is a public road which, will be closed to all other traffic for the day. The course will run from close to the junction of Staple Lane and the A246 to the summit of the hill. The paddock will be located at the base of the hill.
HTH :)
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gas guzzler »

pingu wrote:The website seems to have everything - except a location - is it near Guildford?

But, what is the likelyhood of being able to go faster than 60mph anyway?
It's about ten minutes from Guilford. I'm going to try and pop down over the weekend to see what it's like. Some of the cars going will be doing 60 very quickly especially seeing they know nothing will be coming in the opposite direction. I know it's quite a narrow road and quite steep but i'll see what the Z can do if I pop down.

Andy
Andy

gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gas guzzler »

Just been along to see what the road is like, to be honest a bit disappointing, got my Z up to 60 quite easily but had to slow down for a car in front, there's a couple of corners but nothing taxing. At the begining theres a hump that on full acceleration would probably take the exhaust of my V8, and I think there are cars that are lot lower than mine. As a fun run and seeing it's for charity should think it'll be a good spectators day. If my car does get accepted I'll give it a bash just for a laugh. Did Prescott last year and even though we weren't racing had a couple of scary moments that had my heart beating a bit quicker not to mention my buttocks clenched a lot tighter :oops:

Andy
Andy

Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike »

I wish I was there this weekend. I used to live in Cranleigh and this climb was on my daily commute to work in Isleworth. Only one tight bend really with a steep bit straight after. Should be good knowing no traffic in the other direction. Good luck to all Weds who take part.