Silverstone and B.A.S International

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Silverstone and B.A.S International

Post by snoops »

I've been chatting to These guys today about a headlining for Zippy and asked them if they would be going to Silverstone again this year.

Due to the overheads they are not planning on attending at the moment but I am interested in them fitting my headlining whilst down there for the weekend and wondered if anyone else was interested in the same or new soft top ??

A few forum members have been to their premises and had their new soft tops fitted there and have had nothing but praise and Zippy has one of their soft tops fitted by a firm in Yorkshire and it's quality.

Anyone interested and we can see what deal we can get.. if you can show any interest on the thread then others may pick up on it.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
wildeboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Silverstone and B.A.S International

Post by wildeboy »

Hi Snoops,

I have always fancied a headliner but they have always seemed a bit on the pricy side. My z3 is a '97 so has never had one but I don't think there is any problem retro fitting. I also have a BAS roof. What sort of price have they given you for a headliner fitted at Silverstone? I could be interested.
1997 Z3 2.8 in Montreal Blue, only 130k on the clock!
OEM Roll Hoops
M50B25 Inlet manifold
BMC CDA Induction kit
Beige roof
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

wildeboy wrote:Hi Snoops,

I have always fancied a headliner but they have always seemed a bit on the pricy side. My z3 is a '97 so has never had one but I don't think there is any problem retro fitting. I also have a BAS roof. What sort of price have they given you for a headliner fitted at Silverstone? I could be interested.
Hi there, they've not actually got back to me with the price yet, I've asked them for supply and fit at their premises but I was hoping to go back to them with some interest to see if we could get some discount for a group buy.

I'll chase them tomorrow - at least it will give us an idea.

I have no idea how much they're going to be but I think it will make all the difference when the roof is up... I'll update the thread as soon as I know :D
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Disappointing phone call from BAS today, they will definitely not be attending Silverstone.

Further bad news is they have stopped making the roof lining and only now fit one if you buy from dealer.

I've not spoken to dealers, has anyone on here had one retrofitted and has any info on costs etc..

Was also wondering what's involved, does the roof have to come off or is this something you could consider fitting yourself?
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

A good idea, it does make a difference to noise but also it finishes the inside off nicely. Depending on price if i still have old zeddy i could be interested.
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The 97 roadsters cannot have roof linings fitted from what I unnderstand...Not sure why that should be, but I did look into it when I replaced my roof last year. The response was negative. If anyone knows differently, I would be interested too.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Just spoken to my local dealer.

The part is available - 54318410992 and it comes in at a dealer cost of £358.39 (£430.07 inc vat)

They don't consider it is a "self fit" but wouldn't explain why other than "it's quite fiddly" :shock: and quoted 3hrs labour £107 + vat an hour :shock:

I put my chassis number in to get the part and mine is a '99 but seeing as though the soft tops are universal across the range I would have thought that they would retrofit on any model?

Robert - you have one fitted from new don't you and yours is an early model....
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

snoops wrote:Robert - you have one fitted from new don't you and yours is an early model....
Me? No I don't have a headlining in mine - and it's a late pre-facelift anyway - built 01/99.

I was not aware there was any restriction on build date for retrofitting the headlining - bmwfans/realoem just says "to '99 April" with no start date, which means all build dates up to.

The confusion might be with rollhoops, and if you look on the rollhoop reterofit page (with a pre-facelift 1.9 selected), that states "'97 January on" for the hoops and the trim pieces state "'97 January to '99 April", which confirms what we already know, that '96 cars can't have rollhoops retrofitted.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc