English Whisky Run

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

English Whisky Run

Post by Dave L2 »

With the Silverstone Classic over the last couple of years and Rob T being busy running things, Tatton Park has dropped off the radar a bit and I haven't put a run together for a while. So I though I'd try something closer to home and see who fancied it.

The plan is to start at or around Birchanger Services, Jct. 8 M11 and head into Norfolk. Stopping at Red Lodge for breakfast and then onto St Georges Distillery for a tour and a tipple. Red Lodge is a real old style greasy spoon so don't be expecting anything exotic but the food is what you would expect.

The standard tour runs 7 days a week, each hour from 10am until 4pm and is £10.00 per head, reducing to £9.00 if we get more than 10.
Distilary info

Possible dates at the moment are Sunday June 8th or Sunday June 29th. The final date is going to depend on how many are interested and what booking I can get at the distillery.

The preliminary route, without having driven or checked it, is about 77 miles, so allow for about 150-160 for the day.

So let me know if you are interested and which dates suit you.
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Re: English Whisky Run

Post by indizee »

I cant commit to either dates as yet, im moving house end of May/beginning of June and on holiday during June, but interested in coming along. I know that not helpful, but you have my interest. Ill keep watching the thread to see how it goes. :)
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Have you posted this on .org they have a strong following in Norfolk.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

indizee, if nothing else you managed to keep the thread alive, I was about to remove it due to lack of interest. Good luck with the house move, I'll keep the thread open for another week to see if anyone else is interested and if not I'll think of something else.

Phil, thanks for the info, I haven't posted on .org, to be honest I can't be bothered with messing around with more than one roadster forum. Besides that, the start point is actually in Essex so I would be surprised if Norfolk based members would want to drive out to here only to go back.
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

Hi Dave, Im not on .org, I cant keep up with all the forums Im on so decided not to go on an additional one.........But as a cheeky shout to .org members going to Duxford on Sunday.....SEE YOU THERE..... :D
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8