Ideas for Next Meet

Find out about meetings and cruises in here. Make the best use of your Z!
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Ideas for Next Meet

Post by eddie1 »

Hi guys, after the enjoyable meet at Trent Port, Gainsboro'. I'm asking for ideas in regard to arranging one for September, between Scunthorpe and Newark. Open to suggestions, what about Mablethorpe, or another coastal site. Or a stately home maybe! The seaside would be good as there are fast food outlets. Anyway lets have your suggestions and try to make it central and fair for everyone. Tealby is a nice picturesque drive!

Thanks to all those who attended Trent Port, really enjoyed it, I think the ladies did too! We just talked cars!

Regards Eddie ( Pete Ha-ha )
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Ideas for Next Meet

Post by Bowler »

What about Thoresby hall August Bank holiday Monday. Can all park together within the grounds as part of the general show could meet up and drive in together.

Would be up for trip to coast also, Cleethorpes has good parking at the South end.
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Cleethorpes! ......the mother in law lives there!! :shock:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eddie1 »

Well we don't have to tell her, and you can wear a disguise! Thoresby sounds good tho'
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eddie1 »

Did the weather hold out for you, on the way home Pete?
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Yeah blue and 24.5 all way back...just the job :sunny
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Mini cruise from the G town 3 cars as far as Torksey and I guess you lost Terry at Newark? Went for a Chinese at son's house in Lincoln later sat outside to eat , lovely evening shame about early afternoon.

Cheers Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
nearly old

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by nearly old »

Why not meet at trent port say 10 ish on to cadwell park to watch a bit of track day madness as its free to get in. Then on to mablethorpe calling for lunch somewhere before taking the coast road to Cleethorpes which is a very twisty road. Then back to trent port or home
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eddie1 »

Yeah a cruise is a good idea, depending on the day & date. We have to think about those who have come from further a field, like Newark, Rotheram, might be better off finding a half way point for everyone to finish at. Then again if people are happy travelling that's fine.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

The early evening between 1600 and 2000 on Saturday 6th September might be one to pencil in chaps. Involves, (yes you've guessed) aeroplanes, beer, burger and Zed photo shoot and perhaps you could make a cruise out of it too? Just finalizing so will add a new post when sorted. Watch this space :rtm:
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eddie1 »

That's the one I'm looking looking forward to! .... Pete, keep us posted. Those of us coming from this end of the Humber could meet up prior and convoy down for the journey! Must remember me camera this time, the phones alright, but, I'm old fashioned!
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Koolflyer wrote:The early evening between 1600 and 2000 on Saturday 6th September might be one to pencil in chaps. Involves, (yes you've guessed) aeroplanes, beer, burger and Zed photo shoot and perhaps you could make a cruise out of it too? Just finalizing so will add a new post when sorted. Watch this space :rtm:
Pete, if I decide to re-tax the car at the end of august I'd be up for that mate, I'll watch for your new thread appearing. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Davejue1 wrote:
Koolflyer wrote:The early evening between 1600 and 2000 on Saturday 6th September might be one to pencil in chaps. Involves, (yes you've guessed) aeroplanes, beer, burger and Zed photo shoot and perhaps you could make a cruise out of it too? Just finalizing so will add a new post when sorted. Watch this space :rtm:
Pete, if I decide to re-tax the car at the end of august I'd be up for that mate, I'll watch for your new thread appearing. :)

Cheers
Dave
lots of great driving days in Autumn / Winter Dave. What about a Boxing day cruise?
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Not ready yet

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Not ready yet »

eddie1 wrote:That's the one I'm looking looking forward to! .... Pete, keep us posted. Those of us coming from this end of the Humber could meet up prior and convoy down for the journey! Must remember me camera this time, the phones alright, but, I'm old fashioned!
I'll join in at Newark with you guys if you travelling this way. Say here on the A46, big enough car park
Lord Ted - Fayre & Square
Farndon Rd, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG24 4SW
http://goo.gl/maps/Ls8jr
Chipper3

BMW convertible

Post by Chipper3 »

So is anyone still meeting up on Monday? If so whereabouts, what time and where you heading? :arrow:

Coming from the bright lights of Rotherham.

Colin.
Girls.love.bmws.2

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Girls.love.bmws.2 »

Id be interested in tagging along to east mids meets :wink:
Chipper3

BMW convertible

Post by Chipper3 »

Girls.love.bmws.2 wrote:Id be interested in tagging along to east mids meets :wink:
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=42111 This was a good meet last year - Definitely worth considering, if you weren't already.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Girls.love.bmws.2 wrote:Id be interested in tagging along to east mids meets :wink:
Always very welcome. Keep your eye out on events being organised. :)

Cheers
Dave.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"