What BMW Headunits fit the z3m?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
shantybeater

Porsche

What BMW Headunits fit the z3m?

Post by shantybeater »

Well after finding out its pretty much impossible to get a matching colored Headunit I've decided to find a standard BMW headunit and just amp the speakers seperately.

Does anyone know what models fit the z3m? e.g. e46 3series? or has anyone fitted any?
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

E46 won't fit, it is an odd size.

I think an E36 unit will fit.
550i Touring

estocks

Not specified

Re: What BMW Headunits fit the z3m?

Post by estocks »

shantybeater wrote:Well after finding out its pretty much impossible to get a matching colored Headunit
Becker?
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

apparently even the becker isnt exactly the same back lit color! its either red or more of a yellow color
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

shantybeater wrote:apparently even the becker isnt exactly the same back lit color! its either red or more of a yellow color
They seem to match well I think.
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/download.php?id=5874
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

thanks for the reply & pics, it does look good in the daylight. Does the color actually match the rest of the dash?
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Can't find any pictures I'm afraid. I think it does, the Becker was the BMW sat nav option.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I'll see if I can dig up some pics of it on here, you know your red gaitor? Was that off eBay? And is it imola red?, looks really good quality!
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

That's not mycar, but it appears to have the extended leather kit.
brent49

blank.gif

jvc

Post by brent49 »

just got a jvc kd 601r on offer from halfords, fits into exisiting space without any mods, though a harness adaptor and arial pin was needed £15 for both, it was reduced from £179 to £129, its ipod ready with usb, connection and, it gives you a choice of 30,000 colours of illumination so can be perfectly matced to dash orange,am fitting over weekend will let you know results
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

just some info if anybody wants a matching colour - my model Alpine is EXACTLY the same colour

I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
brent49

blank.gif

re my jvc

Post by brent49 »

took it back got a refund the demo mode would not switch off, tried several times and 2 different units but it wouldnt stay off , even tried reversing the polatirty nope so back it went just bsent for a new alpine 9880r hopefully a better unit
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

I dont think you will be dissapointed - I have had various large set ups in my yoof 8-) and this is gret for the price, has the full ipod interface so I just leave an old 30Gig behind the dash so have all my music with me all the time. Good adjustability with various frequencies for the bass/trebel and HPF/LPF if it was ever to be used with an amplifier.

Just get a set of split components and mout the tweeters on the dash!!! the Door location is TERRIBLE. That will be the best ausio mod you can make to give an elevated and believable soundstage.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage