enigma code

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
galley

blank.gif

enigma code

Post by galley »

Can anyone tell me how I can get the code for my radio. Got the car recently and put away for a couple of weeks , battery run down, story. Charged it back into the car and the radio is all CODE. Do not have the card and neither does the previous owner. Any suggestions ? :head:

Bog standard 1.9 keeps me off the bike
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

You could try taking the Z into a BMW dealership, provide proof of ownership and request a replacement copy of the code. Hopefully it will still be on their system.

Or source a fancy Becker headunit as a replacement, they do suit the Z3 interior better than the standard radios, IMHO. :wink:
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
galley

blank.gif

Post by galley »

Cheers def toying with idea of new unit, have also been to site claiming codes given for small fee. My fingers are still burning from mobile phone unlock. Soooooooooooooo bored without some tunes, feel the dark side drawing me, or Halfords as its more commonly referred to. Not familiar with the unit you mentioned but will do some research. X mas is coming and im not beyond begging.

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Dealers willprovide the code with proof of ownership and VIN number but will charge for it :head: (I think its about £25)

Do a search on hear for Becker, Alpine etc... there have been some good posts this year about alternatives :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I got mine for free from Hexagon BMW. I just quoted the serial number of the radio.

A phone call to the dealer where you bought the car would be option number one.

If you bought it private or from a non-BMW dealer, try your local dealership.

Alternatively post your serial number (or PM it) and I can try to crack it. Don't forget to tell me who makes it. (the serial number is on the radio, so you will need to remove it to read it)
Pingu
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Here's an example of Becker head units. The design fits in with the interior unlike most aftermarket radios, and the website CAS is not a bad supplier either. I've used them in the past and always found their delivery to be prompt.

Without a doubt, they are better quality (and cheaper) than what you'd find over at "the Dark side". :lol:
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
galley

blank.gif

Post by galley »

Pingu and Justin time, thank you both I will try the local dealer first, they owe me, charging £100+ for key for the wifes 3 series. If no joy will send you the serial number.
Cracked today and put portable radio in storage box behind seats. Strange sound, but stopped me developing mechanical paranoia from listening to the car and thinking is that meant to sound like that.
Also checked out becker unit very nice, especially after conversation with NASA candidate in Halfords. :dunce:

ohrsome

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ohrsome »

I needed my radio code - I phoned my nearest BMW dealer (bought my car privately elsewhere), gave them the reg number and the model and they just gave me the code.
galley

blank.gif

Post by galley »

Thats encouraging, main BMW dealer looking like a goer. Beginning to think theres sabotage a foot, the cd player in my other car has stopped working, at least that has a radio.