speaker removal

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
metti50

Z3 roadster 1.9

speaker removal

Post by metti50 »

hi, sorry it's another rear speaker question :roll:

I've searched on here and checked mz3.net too but couldn't find an answer that fitted my queery. :head:

the rear speakers - do they pop out from the front or are they held by screws from the back of the panel? do I need to gain access to the back of the area?

my car is a 1.9 1998 pre-facelift, and doesn't have the access panels in the roll hoop turret. so, does that mean I need to remove the entire centre cubby box to allow me to access the screws holding the turret in place? or is there a short-cut that I am too blind to see :!:
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

If memory serves they lever out. Certainly no access from above.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
metti50

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metti50 »

thanks, I started to do that earlier but was worried I might break the panel if I forced it too much - will try again tomorrow :wink:
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

There are two differant types of speakers, my 98 pre facelift speakers have a lock ring behind the panel, below are the speakers removed.

had to access the rear of the panel to remove the speaker

HTH
metti50

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metti50 »

thanks

I'm really glad I didn't 'force' them off as it may cause a fair amount of damage if mine are the same and have the lock ring. they do seem really tight and I was also concerned about scratching the face of the panel.

will just have to wait a couple of days till I get the chance to strip the panel down to be on the safe side.