Parrot kits with HK?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Knightrider

M coupe S50

Parrot kits with HK?

Post by Knightrider »

I have a Z3MC with the standard BMW business tape deck, CD changer and Harmon Kardon upgrade. I am interested in adding a Parrot MKI9100/9200 car kit to add bluetooth and Ipod functionality without losing the changer. I'm struggling to find a compatible SOT lead top wire the kit in.

As I understand, the Parrot kit has it's own Amp, so the output from this would need to be converted to a level suitable to feed into the HK amp? Anyone got any experience of this? :?:
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Hi Knightrider and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question precisely regarding the HK interface directly.
However my son has an i9200 running through a Sony head unit.
As far as I know here is no separate amp - it utilises whatever is already there.
If you can get it working, it's a very neat piece of kit :thumb:
No doubt someone more technically orientated will provide a better answer for you.
Image :devil:
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Have you checked the WDS? I thought the business cassette only had 1 pre out and one of the amplifiers ran at speaker level, or the internal amp was used for the rear, which are ideal for car kit use and not much else.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Knightrider

M coupe S50

Post by Knightrider »

I haven't had a look at the outputs, I must say. Not sure how the original amp is configured.

One for the weekend... :wink: