retrofit dashboard computer ?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Dempoe

Z3 roadster 2.0

retrofit dashboard computer ?

Post by Dempoe »

has anyone retrofitter the on board in dash computer thingy along with the indicator stalk thing to operate it ? if so is it an easy job or a pain in the arse ? and where would i get one from ?
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

They are available new, but over here (New Zealand) the exchange rate makes them to expensive. There is also a trick to coding themwhen installed. Have been looking for a (preloved) one for quite a while. They do come up now and then over there but you have to be quick. If you spot a good scource I would appreciate a PM. Good luck though.
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: retrofit dashboard computer ?

Post by Zed Carer »

Dempoe wrote:has anyone retrofitter the on board in dash computer thingy along with the indicator stalk thing to operate it ? if so is it an easy job or a pain in the arse ? and where would i get one from ?
I had to repair and re-fit my OBC Link when I removed my dashboard. A new one was around £120 from the Stealer but Quarry Motors quoted £10 +VAT for one they had removed from a wrecked Z3. As it turned out they didn't charge as I gave them the write up :D'

Not sure about the wiring in the steering column but behind the centre console I appeared to have a full wiring loom with quite a few "spare" connectors (heated seats, etc) so it might not be such a big job. You could probably source the indicator stalk from a breaker as well as the OBC.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8