New ICE installed

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

New ICE installed

Post by freds dad »

I managed to pick and install one of these up yesterday

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/1 ... index.html

I now need you good people to recommend some speakers and tweeters I can install.
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

I bought one of these and sent it back :shock: .

I only really use an Ipod and couldnt stand the idea of the cable sticking out the front and hanging down my centre console all the time.

I got an Apline one instead. They are the only manufacturer to make one where the cable comes out the back of the headunit. I have it coing into my glove box where i have my ipod permanently plugged it. Very neat and tidy.

Am i the only one who has an issue with this???
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

The Alpines are excellent.

I went for Infinity reference 6.5 - a component set up. the basket on these is one of the smallest I could find so they fit into the 5.25" holes in the footwell. you just need to trim the plastic on the footwell panel so the cone does not hit the surround made to isolate the original speaker. Just seal any holes you can to try and seal the enclosure.
Now you have your seperate tweeters MOVE THEM from the shocking stock locations - mount them onto the little blanking circles on top of the dash near the A pillar. use this to get the cables to them as well and your soundstage and quality will be vastly superior.You will never get massive bass in a roadster to aim for soundstage and quality.....
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

Well, apart from the fact that I wouldn't buy anything from Apple, I thought that HU looked great. I have a 16GB MicroSD card, so I can fit tons of music on there, and it sits behind the fascia. It also is a fraction of the cost of an iPod, you don't need iTunes and it fits in my phone too.

I am using the FM transmitter on my Nokia N8 as well, so plenty of options.