TomTom3.03 HELP!

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

TomTom3.03 HELP!

Post by Madeira Jon »

I am unable to get TomTom to run in demonstration mode. I keep getting the message
"Unable to start demonstration (2)" The figure 2 is on the end.

I have re-loaded TomTom twice and get the same results. Also Mrs TomTom doesn't sem to want to talk to me any more, although I have checked the program and she is still there.

HELP as I'm going to use it to travel through France in 3 weeks.
Even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

What happens if you go back a version Jon? I know that doesnt help in the case of 3.03
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Try posting on the Pocket GPS TomTom forum: http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.php? ... wforum&f=6

Tim
DavidO

Porsche

Post by DavidO »

I have to say that I had all sorts of problems with 3.03. I reverted back to 3.01 and all has been well since.

As far as I could see, the only real advance in 3.03 is the postcode recognition........and that is a complete dog :-(

I use a third party postcode module which integrates seamlessly with TomTom 3.01 and which is accurate and effective.

I seem to recall that subscribers to PocketGPS ahve been writing open letters to TomTom because of the various problems with 3.03
David O
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Thanks, guys, I've registered with that website. I'll let you know what transpires.......if sucessful! :D
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

DavidO wrote:As far as I could see, the only real advance in 3.03 is the postcode recognition
The other major update in 3.03 was correcting many of the map errors - example, no Keswick in the Lake District only the Keswick in Norfolk - one town in Wales - don't remember the name had it's location transposed with another one that is spelt in a similar fashion but has one different letter - and is 130 miles south - the inclusion of all the missing places and the correction of mislocated places was a big part of the update
DavidO

Porsche

Post by DavidO »

The other major update in 3.03 was correcting many of the map errors
Yes, good point!

Fortunately, I have yet to try and travel to one of Tomtom's "Ghost" towns. I guess it will catch me out one day, as I never bother to check the directions it has calculated before setting off. :shake:
David O
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

well for the Lakes run this year - I was staying overnight beforehand in a small village in Lancashire - a journey that shouldve taken me about 4 hours - this was another place that was screwed up - it routed me to a small village by the same name in Bucks - luckily I spotted something was wrong before starting off
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Yes, Dave. France calls in September! the wine harvest etc etc :D so no Rutted Toad. :roll:
I've deleted TomTom 3, three times, loaded TomTom 2 and still cant get the demo to run and then re-loaded TomTom 3 back and still cant get the demo to run. If I flatten the iPAQ battery completely, and then re-load everything, do you think it will work? I can't format it from the PC.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

You can do both soft and hard resets on the iPAQ. The soft reset is effectively a re-boot, the hard reset wipes out all the installed programs (but won't wipe the storage card or flash ROM which you can do in the file manager).

Your model might differ, but this shows how to do the resets: http://www.pocketpccentral.net/help/ipaq2200reset.htm

Tim
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Thanks Tim. I've done the soft re-boot. NOW THE LITTLE TW@T is going to get the real thing!
Madeira Jon

BMW convertible

Post by Madeira Jon »

Thank you gentlemen for the help. I "hard reset" the iPAQ back to factory issue condition and re-loaded TomTom 3.02 back into it. ALL IS WELL! Mrs. TomTom is talking to me agin.. Oh Joyous and frabjous day, 'tis truly brillig and gimmbling!! One is now ready to hop over to "frogland"