Blown footwell speaker

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
illmonkey

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Blown footwell speaker

Post by illmonkey »

The drivers side footwell speaker is blown, so looking at getting a new one.

The car has HK, is it the best thing to just try and find a HK one, or replace both fronts with something equally as good, or better?

Any suggestions? Don't want to spend the earth on these, just replace with something as good.

BSW say these: http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/produ ... 3-Midbass/

Rather not spend that kind of money.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

These will fit and wont break the bank... i have fusion speakers in mine and you can acturly get the 6" ones in too... as the fusion 6" speakers have fitment holes for 6" and 5.25"
I have the 6" in mine....

Ebay link
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
illmonkey

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by illmonkey »

When looking for them, is there anything I need to be wary off?

I'll be honest and say I know nothing about sound/speakers.

Some are 2 way, some are 3. Some have (what I assume is) a tweeter built into them. etc.
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

illmonkey wrote:When looking for them, is there anything I need to be wary off?

I'll be honest and say I know nothing about sound/speakers.

Some are 2 way, some are 3. Some have (what I assume is) a tweeter built into them. etc.
You are referring to coaxial speakers. you don;t need then in the Coupe as the driver you have blown is only a mid/nass unit. That said, there would be no harm in having a coaxial speaker as they are quite common and cheap to buy compared to component speakers. you have no issues with depth there. anything but a really expensive speaker will fit OK. Even my MB Quarts (which are not cheap) have plenty of space behind them.