Sub in a Zed

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Gixerthou

blank.gif

Sub in a Zed

Post by Gixerthou »

Well after several failed attempts with various speakers i gave up and had it sorted. First off the head unit...
In the parts bin and replaced by this.....
Sony CDX-GT550UI. Next a Sub JL 8" in a custom made enclosure. Made to accomodate vent and passenger speaker. Velcro fixing so it is removable.
And in Stealth mode....
I have lost about 6 and a half inches of foot well. To power this is a nice little amp in the boot

Discreetly hidden away in boot. Its really loud and a lovely sound. Did 70 mph on Dual carriageway with roof down and it sounded great. Not cheap but worth every penny. All speakers are now Pioneer with copious amounts of Dynamat. You can get a nice sound from a Zed :D
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

I hope your passengers have short legs...lol
Gixerthou

blank.gif

Post by Gixerthou »

I'm 6ft and can sit quite comfortably. I'd sooner have it there than behind a seat. We only lost just over 6"
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

abit like mine if you look in my car thread..
i made a sub box to fit infront of the passenger seat so you have no issues at all with leg room..
i have a spare box if you were interested?
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Your amplifier is a lovely fit in the boot. Some specs on with would be great! how did you fit it to the CD changer brackets? My JL 300/4 is sat below on the boot carpet but I wanted to fit it where you have.
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi