Driver Side Footwell Speaker - No Sound

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Driver Side Footwell Speaker - No Sound

Post by VinceR »

Hi,

I have done some searching, but from the results there is nothing that matches my problem. My passenger side footwell speaker works fine, as do the door tweeters & rear speakers. However, the drivers side footwell speaker refuses to issue a note. I have removed the speaker as I thought that it could be blown, but I see no outward sign of that. I then thought perhaps the speaker was being earthed by the car body, but there was no sound when laying it on the carpet. I also removed the passenger side speaker to see if there were any wiring issues, but saw none.

So does anyone know if this is a simple issue? Can I replace the speaker temporarily with another (it has the simple spade connectors) to see if the speaker is at fault? Or should I just replace both with a plug 'n' play type (e.g. Rainbows IQ range)?

I do intend to, at some point, replace the stock audio system, but for now I'm content with the stock system (provided I can get the speaker to work!).

Thanks! /vince ..
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

A quick update, decided to extract both footwell speakers & do some tests on them. The result of which leads to a faulty driver side speaker, so (for now) I'll gt a replacement before deciding on which audio system to install.