TomTom 3 worth upgrading..

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
SLX 280

BMW other

TomTom 3 worth upgrading..

Post by SLX 280 »

Hello,

I currently use TT2 and have to say V pleased with it, what benifits has TT3 (I guess the toll road for one?).

Also Does ayone know if I can use my ipaq / TT2 for greenlaning? ok not in a Z..... can you put waypoints into it?

cheers in advance

Scott
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

Worth upgrading for the waypoints :D

On the M6 Toll Road the other week - "She who must be obeyed" told me to turn left, then turn right in the middle of a straight section ..... oh well
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
BartS
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BartS »

Waypoints/Itinerary option is one of advantages of TT3,

the other benefit is the postcode search function which has been added.

I know for both these 2 extras, you can find third party software which can be added to TT2, however as it all comes into 1 package in TT3, I would recommend the upgrade!

As I bought my TT2 only just before TT3 came out, I got a free upgrade to TT3, but I assume you do not qualify for a free upgrade?

Together with the free POI Safety Camera database on pocketgps.co.uk I find the combi of GPS Nav and SC warning an excellent buy for my Z
Bart

a qualified - Northern Highlight - chuffin' nutter
SLX 280

BMW other

Cheers chaps

Post by SLX 280 »

Thanks for the advice,

Think I will look at the new version (bart mine was a 'backup copy' say no more....)

I have the camera poi's on there and a database of all other stuff ie, garages, Mcds, hotels etc.

Works very very well so can only assume TT3 is much better?

thanks

Scott