Cd Error

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
AdamC

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cd Error

Post by AdamC »

Driving home last night and I noticed my music had stopped, a look at the head unit told me there was a "CD ERROR". Got home and tried to eject the changer but nothing. Used the credit card technique to remove the cartridge, all cd's there so nothing jammed. Put cart. back in, but still getting the CD ERROR. Tried powering HU on and off, ignition on and off but no luck!!! Car is under warranty, shall I just let them sort it out, or deal with it myself. It may be something simple like a blown fuse for the changer or worst case a damged cable, but more likely to be a fuse or loose connector.

I am pretty capable with car electronics, so if it is something simple I can sort, but I do like getting my moneys worth out of warranty if I can.... even though they always try and put the fault on something not under warrranty.
AdamC
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

adam read this
hope it helps worth a try

viewtopic.php?t=3083&highlight=cr+error
AdamC

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by AdamC »

Cheers 321, will have a look in the day light, it was dark last night when I checked it.
AdamC
Runroadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

CD Error

Post by Runroadster »

Just behind the changer is a connector pull it as far forward as you can unsrew the the outer ring pull the connector apart then refi it. A bit fiddly but it works for me every time. Seems to reset it.
The beautiful thing about learning, is no one can take it away from you. Tony & Reet.
AdamC

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by AdamC »

Thanks for the advice roadrunner, it seems the connector on my changer is different. It is a din style plug not a round one. Anyway, had a feel around and then the thing mysteriousley started working. Possible loose connection, but will live with it unless it starts becoming a problem in the future.
AdamC