Rear speaker size?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Rear speaker size?

Post by dallantan »

Can anyone please advise me as to what size they are? - I am thinking of putting a little sub in the space! (or is there not enough room?)

Thanks, Dallan.
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Rear speaker size?

Post by msassoon »

4" on a pre-facelift and 5" on a facelift.
Cheers

Marc
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The rear storage box has been used as a space for a sub as well. But obviously you will lose that space.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Malk

Z3 coupe 3.0i

Post by Malk »

There's a place on Ebay that does custom boxs.

I'm putting a 6.5" sub in mine. Although I have got the Coupe casing for the rear.

For a cheaper option I would go for either 1 for 2 8" subs as they are more readily available unlike the smaller ones. If you are just going for the one sub a mono amp would be sufficient if that is the only audio equipment your running off it.
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mrwhippy »

Zedonist wrote:
Best bet for a sub is a slim under seat sub, but located in the foot well
Sorry to jump in, but have you done this yourself? If so do you have any pics you can post?

I have a Lanzar 8-ich 'slim' sub: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lanzar-VCTBS8-S ... B001RJMN5S

This was fitted behind the passenger seat in the 1.9 I have just sold. I was never really happy with the seat restriction this caused - ok for the wife but not for friends. I will be reinstalling the unit in my new Z3 and was thinking of trying a foot-well install instead. If anybody has any tips I'd be grateful to hear them.

Cheers,
Craig.
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

The solution to positioning the sub a few of us on here have found to have the least drawbacks is an 8" sub in a custom box infront of the passenger seat. Doesn't restrict seat movement or get in the way at all, and provides more bass than the slimline flat subs. This is mine:

1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread