Replacement Speakers

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Sp1key

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Replacement Speakers

Post by Sp1key »

Hi all, thinking of replacing the old OEM speakers / tweeters in the Z3 and looking for some advice:

1. Has anyone any experience of Infinity reference component speakers and whether they are an acceptable quality?

2. I have the original BMW Business cassette head and cd stacker fitted, is the head the only amp in the system or are there likely to be others for example in the footwell speakers?

3. If Infinity speakers don't get a good rep - any suggestions on mid quality alternatives?

Thanks folks

Mike
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Replacement Speakers

Post by XVar »

I made a post on replacing the footwell speakers a while ago, might be of use if you're not planning to amp the front speakers.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=30471
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Sp1key

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by Sp1key »

Guys

Thanks for your replies - especially the link coz this is exactly what I am going to do.

My tweeter cover looks a bit rusty too, but thought a quick spray of Matt black paint would fix this once removed from the door - anyone tried this ?

Xvar - how did the speakers you fitted sound? Big difference?
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Sp1key wrote:Xvar - how did the speakers you fitted sound? Big difference?
Massive difference, you don't realise how bad the frequency range of the stock speakers is until you replace them. Half-way decent bass even before I installed the sub in the passenger side :)
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread