Gear Knobz and Wind Deflectorz

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Mouldy

Not specified

Gear Knobz and Wind Deflectorz

Post by Mouldy »

I've fitted the following accessories to the wife's Crossfire, but the wind-deflector is available to fit the old shape Z4 and the illuminated gear knob, to fit the Z3;

The gear knob came from Germany;

http://www.innovativcar-tech.de/index.php

And the wind deflector, from the States;

http://www.kingpennindustries.com/default.aspx

The gear knob was not listed initially with green illumination, but the company supplied one, to match the instrument illumination in the car on request and at no extra charge. It was supplied with a new leather gaiter and sufficient wiring for me to connect it to the wiring to the cigarette lighter. The quality is superb and it is much better than the original in terms of finish and feel.

The wind deflector is also great quality and the look suits the car (imho). I fitted it in conjunction with one of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIMMER-WIRELESS ... 378&sr=8-3

to easily control the light. No drilling was required and it is very effective at controlling the wind intrusion with the top down. They also make illuminated door sills for the Z4. Do bear in mind that you will probably end up paying import duty on the wind deflector.

Again, apologies for bringing the Crossfire onto the Zed Forum, but the products can be ordered to suit some BM's and may be of interest.

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Gear Knobz and Wind Deflectorz

Post by alec.m »

I`m tempted with the gear knob, chrome`s peeling off my M one and looks crappy now, especially as it comes with the plastic moulding round the gaiter. Was it a good fit?
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

alec.m wrote:I`m tempted with the gear knob, chrome`s peeling off my M one and looks crappy now, especially as it comes with the plastic moulding round the gaiter. Was it a good fit?
It was no problem on the Crossfire as it is secured at the base of the knob, under the gaiter, with three grub screws. I was slightly unsure at first with regard to the Crossfire, as selection of reverse is to lift, push away (to the passenger side) and pull back, but a few of months on and several thousand miles later, it is as secure as the day I fitted it.

The finish is great and it looks good at night with the built in illumination. I took the feed for the light from the cigarette lighter.

As I said in the original post, it can probably be supplied with red illumination to match your instruments . . . . just drop them a mail. At the current exchange rate, without postage it works out at about £57, which I think is a bargain and it was delivered within a few days of ordering.

Hope that helps!

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

Thanks Mouldy. Just had another look and for the Z3 you can have white, orange or blue leds. Blue would go with my seats :D .