Replacement Radio / CD / Ipod player - help please

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
Fenlander

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Replacement Radio / CD / Ipod player - help please

Post by Fenlander »

Hi All,

I am looking at the idea of changing from the original BMW Businesss radio / tape player / CD player to something more modern that I can play an Ipod through etc.

Can anyone advise me on a good brand that doesn't have too many "bells & whistles" so to speak that isn't too pricey?

Thanks in advance.

Fenlander
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Replacement Radio / CD / Ipod player - help please

Post by geminimustang »

We got a Sony for £40 in a clearance sale at Halfords when others were still selling it for £120.Similar tale with Sat-Nav also from Halfords.Just one of those places that doesn't spring to mind when your looking for a bargain but we touched lucky twice.
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

I went for a Kenwood KTC something. The ipod connector is a lead on the back which can be pushed through between the panels in the passenger well so that the ipod (or ipad, in my case) can be plugged in and then kept in the mesh holder in the well. This means theres nothing messy sticking out the front of the unit to interfere with gear changing.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

....and the ultimate is the Becker Grand Prix...with matching red display lights, iPod connection, USB connection front loading disc player and Blue Tooth .....you don't want to know the price...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by huntert »

Have you thought about a Parrott hands free kit? or Parrott stereo? Blue tooth from your iphone / ipod and hands free calling..all through your car stereo...........
Fenlander

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Fenlander »

Many thanks for all the replies; has given me much to look at / think about - will be perusing the internet to get something sorted out soon.

Once again thanks! :) :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I have a Kenwood with Bluetooth, front USB with Ipod control and it copies my contacts from Iphone and makes and receives calls, doesn't sound bad either :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
petecossie

M coupe S50

Post by petecossie »

Just found this this post when searching for something else (bulb replacement). I'm looking to replace the Z3MC's BMW Business Radio with a DAB unit as found the DAB radio in my wifes VW Golf is fantastic so want something similar. I'm looking to in install an Alpine CDE-136bt. I went to see one in the flesh up at Autosound at Newcastle-on-Tyne plus got all the details and will get them to fit aswell.
Anyone have any experience of this particular DAB radio?
They have a good deal on at the moment £249.99 instead of £299.99 if anyone is interested.
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.

Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina