Casio Cassiopeia e105 GPS

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
magpie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Casio Cassiopeia e105 GPS

Post by magpie »

Can anyone suggest a cheap in-car Satnav system I can buy to use with my Casio Cassiopeia e105.
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Is it capable of running the PDA GPS Systems? If I recall correctly the Cassiopeia e105 is over 4 years old - it would certainly need a CF card to store the maps etc - which precludes you from using anything other than a wired system - e.g. wired TomTom system - with it.

Post by Guest »

Magpie,

I used to have an E105. It runs Windows CE, the original version. I doubt you will find NAV software that will run on it even if you can find a way of connecting the GPS and memory at the same time.

I upgraded my E105 to the E115 via the Casio program a few years ago and even my E115 is pretty much redundant now. Little software and few accessories available now. I picked up a cheap DELL Axim a while back and that does for me now. The E115 is back in its original box awaiting discovery on the Antiques roadshow of 2099.

The E105 was great in its time, but sadly time has moved on.

Simon
magpie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by magpie »

Thanks Simon, Another idea shelved I think !!