Speakers in the boot?

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...

Moderator: Gazza

Post Reply
kkkrisss
Joined: Thu 13 Jan, 2011 09:15
Posts: 189

  Z3 roadster 1.8
Location: Munich
Contact:

Speakers in the boot?

Post by kkkrisss » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 18:46

Have anyone thought of cutting holes in the boot (where the soft top compartment is) to install rear speakers?

bertiejaffa
Joined: Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:28
Posts: 1725

  M roadster S50
Location: Manchester

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by bertiejaffa » Fri 21 Nov, 2014 21:30

I think the folded soft top would dull and cover them when the top is down
Here come the girls.....
Image
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal

User avatar
pingu
Joined: Fri 30 Apr, 2004 17:01
Posts: 3337

  M roadster S50

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by pingu » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 01:58

kkkrisss wrote:Have anyone thought of cutting holes in the boot (where the soft top compartment is) to install rear speakers?
My car had this when I bought it. It's a bad idea as the bulkhead is a structural part of the car, but it can be (and has been) done.
Pingu

kkkrisss
Joined: Thu 13 Jan, 2011 09:15
Posts: 189

  Z3 roadster 1.8
Location: Munich
Contact:

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by kkkrisss » Sat 22 Nov, 2014 07:13

I do not think a couple of holes there will ruin the car's structure or affect in any way it's performance.
Pingu did you remove the speakers? and did you fill the holes after that?

User avatar
Southernboy
Joined: Thu 07 Oct, 2010 13:39
Posts: 6312

  Z3 roadster 3.0i
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by Southernboy » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 11:58

Makes more sense to fit door speakers below the armrests and as far forward as you can.....
Image
"Normal is overrated"
Image

Z3 Upgrades and Additions

User avatar
pingu
Joined: Fri 30 Apr, 2004 17:01
Posts: 3337

  M roadster S50

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by pingu » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 12:06

kkkrisss wrote:I do not think a couple of holes there will ruin the car's structure or affect in any way it's performance.
Pingu did you remove the speakers? and did you fill the holes after that?
It wasn't a couple of holes - it was a 12" bass speaker :shock: .

Image
Pingu

bertiejaffa
Joined: Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:28
Posts: 1725

  M roadster S50
Location: Manchester

Re: Speakers in the boot?

Post by bertiejaffa » Sun 23 Nov, 2014 13:23

pingu wrote:
kkkrisss wrote:I do not think a couple of holes there will ruin the car's structure or affect in any way it's performance.
Pingu did you remove the speakers? and did you fill the holes after that?
It wasn't a couple of holes - it was a 12" bass speaker :shock: .
crickey !! maybe they initially thought the rear storage compartment was to small so they opened a hand hole into the boot :lol:
Here come the girls.....
Image
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests