PARTS REQUIRED PLEASE

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

PARTS REQUIRED PLEASE

Post by Southernboy »

Hi all. It'll surprise some to hear from me after some 6 months... so hello all.

I am in need of some parts and hopefully someone will help.

I need an "Airbag" badge which fits to the door card x 1
2 x triangular air vent grills which fit left and right on the top of the dash adjacent to the 1/4 window areas.
Left & Right front wheel arch liners.

.... and a partridge in a pear tree... :lol:

Any help appreciated.
I found a bargain Z3 and figured I needed a "project" to keep me occupied.
PM me with any bits you have - thanks fellas.
Last edited by Southernboy on Tue 20 Mar, 2018 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: PARTS REQUIRED PLEASE

Post by mrscalex »

I know you’re not in UK. But most of those parts over here would be best bought new OEM or quality 3rd party.

Reasons being secondhand parts are often as expensive as new for things like the marker lights which are only £25 new OEM anyway.

And for something like the SRS badge they are difficult to find secondhand and again cheap enough new.

Gas struts I got some very good non OEM for £25 a pair on eBay.

Small air vents are a bit difficult secondhand as the tabs break unless removed very carefully. No idea how much those are.

BMW badges expensive new but some decent copies on eBay these days.

Wheel arch liners you would want secondhand. I have several but totally impractical to get to SA I’m afraid.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks for the feedback. The gas strut I need is for the boot lid - It only has 1 strut I think - correct me if I'm wrong.
The wheel arch liners - yes 2nd hand is what I want as long as they are in good condition. Shipping them is best done by wrapping them up in plastic wrap - ie. no box required. They do fold up somewhat, so that it makes for a smaller package size. Perhaps just give me a price and weight on them, perhaps I can arrange courier shipping.
I had a set of Z3 OEM full floor carpeting sent out once, and they just folded them up, placed a piece of cardboard sheet either side, then used shrink wrap to wrap the whole lot up and stuck the shipping labels etc to that. I had a courier collect and deliver here.
I would need the weight and "parcel size" to get a courier cost though. Let me know some more info, and I can then make a decision.
As for the bumper side markers - you're probably right about getting new OEM parts.
The "airbag" badge I need fits onto the door card near the door lock end - it a plastic thing that says "AIRBAG" on it. Perhaps I'll just get one made here - probably easier than finding one.
I'll have a look on eBay for the BMW badges - Probably cheaper and easier to find.
Let me know about the stuff you have or send me a link to your eBay listings
Cheers
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

BeemerBoyo

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BeemerBoyo »

Hi Southernboy. I replaced my boot gas struts with non OEM off eBay. I kept the old ones which were tired both in appearance and lift assist. You do need two, you will see the pivot ball on each side. If you want these you can have them if you collect. Just need to double check I still have them in my graveyard as normally don't throw anything out. I also have lots of other bits and body parts but non of your other items. Are these vehicles scarce in SA?
2002 E37 BMW Z3 2.2 Sport
2008 E93 BMW 3 series 325i m sport convertible

Previous BMW cars

2007 E87 BMW 1 series 120D
2013 F21 BMW 1 series 120D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks for the reply. These vehicles aren't that scarce here, it's just the climate here is such that they never "die", so parts are very hard to come by.
In 20 years I have only come across 4 Z3's that have been stripped here. All of them were basically wiped out in accidents, so even those offered limited parts selection.
As regards your gas lifts, I have looked on eBay and they're pretty cheap there, so I have opted to get new. Thanks for your offer of collection, but I don't get to the UK that often.. :)
I think I've found a couple of front wheel arch liners though. I'm seeing them later today.
I found clear bumper side markers in the USA for $23.00 excl postage, so ordered those.
Badges I'll also get off eBay, although the fella with the arch liners might have a couple.
My driver side window mechanism mountings are somewhat shot - metal fatigue, but I found a replacement in the UK on eBay for just £81 including shipping !! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it listed. It's silver, so will need painting, but otherwise in 100% condition.
There's a guy here with a door, but he's asking £600 for it :shock: Local parts are that scarce that they command stupid prices. At just £81 and possibly 20% duty it's a no brainer to get one from the UK and paint it. Painting won't be more than £50.
Thanks for your kind consideration in replying :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Wheel arch liners still required.
But I did find a set of gas struts for the boot, and both L & R side dash top triangular vents.. all for £10... :D
Anyone have R side seat adjustment switch ??? ( The up/down/forward/back unit ) ??
"Normal is overrated"

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

I might have that switch, if it's not too hard to take out of the seats. PM me with your price offer, I will be in garage on weekend.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi buddy -thanks for the reply. I saw one on eBay in the USA for $ 18.00. Problem was the seller didn't offer international postage, so lost out there.
If you're happy with £ 12.00'ish plus postage, I'm okay with that ??
You can just use Royal Mail for postage to me. I'm in Johannesburg - South Africa.
It's dead easy to take out, it just clips into a hole in the plastic trim on the side of the seat - like a lot of the small parts on the Z3.
Cheers
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Ok, will try to take it out on weekend, will let you know after success. Please let me know your exact address for posting.