Honda S2000 GT

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Alex L

Other roadster

Honda S2000 GT

Post by Alex L »

I've decided to sell my S2000 GT and go back to impractical weekend motoring in the form of either a tuned VX220 Turbo or Caterham Superlight.

My S2000 is a UK car 2003 registered 52 plate in Nurburgring blue with blue hood, matching hardtop and full black leather. It is the facelift model with heated glass rear screen.

2litre 240bhp 0-60 in 5.7secs ish

Car has done 59,500ish miles. 63k service carried out today with Mobil 1 oil, no problems only required 1 wiper blade which has been replaced.

MOT til April and taxed until March '09. HPI Clear, no finance or insurance claims.

It has the usual spec;

- ABS
- Air Con
- Xenon Headlights with washers
- Alarm
- 6 speed manual gearbox
- Electric roof
- Uprated EBC Grooved and dimpled front discs, new Greenstuff pads all round (done less than 500 miles, costs £350ish)
- 17" Rota Boost wheels in Gunmetal only a few months old, unmarked with hardly worn Toyo T1Rs (original wheels with Bridgestone S02s also available if required)
- CD/Radio
- Tonneau cover included
- Skunk2 Racing Titanium Gearknob
- 2 Keys and Remote fobs
- New exhaust tips (cost (£70)
- S2000 mats (practically new)
- Matching Hardtop (no photos as its hung on the garage wall and needs 3 people to lift it off)

Car is in very good condition as I'm pretty particular about cars, it has only been run on 98+Ron and driven in the dry in my ownership and is garaged when not in use. There's a small mark on the NSR bumper which the previous owner attempted to touch up, not really noticeable and hasn't bothered me enough to get it repaired. Interior again is in very good condition, leather is treated with Gliptone and has no signs of wear and the rhs bolster hasn't collapsed like on many abused S2ks. (Interior photo is a few months old and doesn't show new gearknob)

Currently on Private plate which will need to be removed prior to sale

If you have any questions or require specific photos let me know.

Looking for £11,500ono as is or less without the wheels. For the right price I'll throw in some Rick's Headrests to fill the helmet holes in the seats and a £100 hardtop cover.

Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Woohoo, taken a deposit today..

Bring on the new toy!
Andrew330Ci

blank.gif

Post by Andrew330Ci »

How much did you get for it in the end?

Whats the new toy then Alex, stop the suspense.
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Annoyingly the first car I've lost money on in over 5 years. Sold for £9,350 with the black wheels so lost just shy of £3k since March.

Will wait til after Christmas when the bonus comes through but quite fancy a Dax Cobra 5.7/7litre. I enquired about handing my company car back too and taking the cash but unfortunately they said no, otherwise I would have bought a couple of 05/06 plate M5

Watch this space.....
Andrew330Ci

blank.gif

Post by Andrew330Ci »

Ummmm about the Dax Cobra, not fancy the Dax Rush? Cosworth engine one? lol

Imagine turning up to see a client in a 05/06 plate M5! lol Might not be the impression the company are after.

I have my Z'd and got a feeling Im going to loose loads on, but never drive it its gutting.
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Not a fan of the Dax Rush and I've already owned a Westfield.

Luckily I am the client and therefore can turn up in whatever car I like :P
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Alex L wrote: quite fancy a Dax Cobra 5.7/7litre.
This one caught my eye :D

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/591815.htm
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

garythefish wrote:
Alex L wrote: quite fancy a Dax Cobra 5.7/7litre.
This one caught my eye :D

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/591815.htm
That looks really nice, only the one piece roll bar letting it down, they look better with twin roll bars. I was in the process of buying one some years ago but at the time I decided to finish working and couldn’t justify another car ( toy) in the garage, so had to forget about it.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hoops do look better but at that price I'd suffer the one piece for now :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Gawd Gary, I'd have thought you would have better taste than that.

I'm looking for one without a tarty magnolia interior! Blue is good but with black leather, ideally rear exit exhausts like the original 427 rather than side pipes.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/333080.htm

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/661564.htm
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Black interior is soooo boring and ages badly

I prefer your 1st choice to the second
Gazza

ImageImage
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Trying to find an authentic rep and can't stand magnolia hide on anything.

The 2nd is the closest I can find to an original 427, bet it's pretty expensive though. On the plus side it is tax exempt.