Roll bar conversion

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
galley

blank.gif

Roll bar conversion

Post by galley »

Can anyone help with advice on where to get the parts needed to convert my Z to take roll bars. I know that I need the box changed behind the seats but have no idea where to get one, or if its a big job to change. :?:

Bog standard 1.9 keeps me off the bike
zedder3

blank

Post by zedder3 »

It's a fair job, although people have done it themsleves in a few hours. It will cost you around £320 from a breaker's, or about £700 from BMW I believe, to get everything you need. If you have a look around or use the search tool you'll find a fair few recent posts where people have given links to breaker's that often supply the full kit.

Alternatively there's a one piece roll bar in chrome that you can get and this fits without needing any new parts, so is obviously cheaper. I've got one of these and I think it looks good :).
No zed at the moment but always on the lookout!
justin2

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by justin2 »

Alternatively there's a one piece roll bar in chrome that you can get and this fits without needing any new parts, so is obviously cheaper. I've got one of these and I think it looks good :).[/quote]

Is the roll bar you fitted just cosmetic or is it like the standard item bmw fit and an actual load bearing bar? Thanks!
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hi the one piece bar is purely cosmetic. it fits in the tubes hidden under the seat belt turrets. this was mine before i sold it to zedder3 when i got the oem hoops and a interior panels.

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
justin2

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by justin2 »

Thanks i think il keep searching for the oem roll bar kit! if anyone knows of one going prefrably in the cream/fawn colour please let me know thanks!
justin2

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by justin2 »

Thanks i think il keep searching for the oem roll bar kit! if anyone knows of one going prefrably in the cream/fawn colour please let me know thanks!
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

IIRC one member recently waited ~2 years for a cream set to become available used.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
justin2

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by justin2 »

estocks wrote:IIRC one member recently waited ~2 years for a cream set to become available used.
I hope i haven't cause that will be **** :(