BMW Z3 2.8 '97 56k Emigrating - a stunning loved car! £4399

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMW Z3 2.8 '97 56k Emigrating - a stunning loved car! £4399

Post by Rob13 »

I am having to sell my much loved Z3 as I am moving to New Zealand.

It is a garaged R reg '97 2.8 with only 56k on the clock (6 cyl so the 'wide body' as some say)

A loved and spotlessly clean car, it has 18" Alpina style wheels (Avon ZZ3 with loads of tread) , modern clear indicators, TONS of history and probably every reciept since new including all books.(FSH)

Extras are M gearlever and steering wheel, Wind deflector, BMW 3G EWS Thatcham Cat1 alarm/immob. Nokia Bluetooth car kit and upgraded Infinity speakers (6" with dash mounted tweeters) The Alpine full IPOD compatible radio will prob be replaced with a regular CD model depending on the selling price.

I have been an active member of the zroadster.net forum - a great place to find out anything to do with these cars - (it was also in their calendar last year)

I would describe it as VERY good condition - everybody is surprised by its age, I have really looked after it and been picky about maintaining it (new cat due to slight rattle, new alarm key fob as it was worn etc) I will be sad to let it go.

MOT till 24/5/11 and TAX till 31/12/10

Any questions please email rob13wills@hotmail.com

Thanks

Rob

piston heads link for more pics

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2184650.htm

Last edited by Rob13 on Sun 07 Nov, 2010 19:35, edited 6 times in total.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

It is sad to see you go both of you :shock: :bawl:

C
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Good luck with the sale Rob. Shame you won't be able to make it to our next cruise. It was good you joining us in April this year.

Hope everything goes well with your new life in NZ.

Ron & Gail
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Thanks Ron!

New wheels I see! what is the yellow monster?? I have been quiet on here for a couple of months what with visas moving and weddings to plan I must have missed lots!
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

I would want a convertible for the winter :-)
ImageImage
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

is that sainsburys car park Stafford Road WALLINGTON
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

No - it was a shopping centre in Woking, on a Sunday so pretty much dead.
ImageImage
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

A reduced price bump.... £4399....
ImageImage
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

A reduced price bump.... £4399....
ImageImage
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Sorry to see you go Rob and good luck in your new life. Was good to meet you last April and if anyone is thinking about your car I can tell you having seen it, it's a lovely car and a bargain at that price :D
SpaceMonkey

blank.gif

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Loving looking car....GLWTS
:wink:
topfuelking wrote:is that sainsburys car park Stafford Road WALLINGTON

That's my local area.
Springer

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Springer »

Hi Rob,
Don't sell such a great car take it with you :o
The climate in NZ is great for a roadster and the roads are quiet,only about 4 million population.Cars last forever,no salt on the roads,cars don't rust.
if you make some enqiries I think you will find a car like yours will bring a lot more money down under,there are very few of them. :drive
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Oh believe me i have tried, It can get in on an immigrant category and would be GST free. However I would HAVE to be in the country when it lands, I am going to South Africa first for two months and even getting a slow boat would result in bonded storae fees of $100 a day.....I have looked into EVERY option ad they are about $17000 over there :-(
ImageImage
Springer

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Springer »

How about leaving it in the UK and getting a friend/relation/company to put it on a boat so it arrives after you get there :) ,,,there must be a way round this problem :!:
Even if you cannot take it with you NZ is a great country,a bit isolated down there but great.I lived there for a time a long time ago and was over there in February and March of this year.if you like the outdoors and sport you have chosen right,best of luck in your new life. :wave

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY :head:
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

I know that this might not be of much help, but do you have contacts, or deal with any companies with a bonded storage area in NZ?
I have had a few colleagues who have done it this way, and they did not have to pay the storage fee at the port, as the car was delivered to the company address.

(have to add, this was not in NZ)

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

It is actually sold now - the guy is coming on Friday....have recommended the forum.

I have tossed the idea about and mailed so many companies in three months it is just too much of a risk/headache.....

price wise it is not a MASSIVE saving

RORO boat - £1200
MAF/Customs $35ish excl any steam cleaning
transporter to a certifier (cant drie it yet!) $90
Certify/WOF/TAX $1100

For a little country at the bottom of the world they sure are strict!

South Africa you just pick it up from the docks, clear customs and drive on your UK plates for a few weeks untill you can get a COR date....
ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Yep, as of Friday I'll be driving it.
I've gone from deciding I dont want a new mini on Tuesday to checking out Z3's on Wednesday to buying one today. My last car was a '68 VW Karmann Ghia and it took me 18 months to find the right one, so this feels a bit weird..

Looks like there's a good community though, which is good to know coming from the aircooled VW scene.

These are definitely future classics.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

your right Eastsix this a cracking community ..............welcome to the forum its a great car you've just bought :wink:
the badness makes me do it...!