Wanted | console blanking plate

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Wanted | console blanking plate

Post by J1SUA »

Hi guys. Does anyone have a blanking plate going spare? I've taken the demister switch out and have a hole.

Cheers
Jonny.

Z3 1.9 | 17" ACS Style 2s refurbed in grey/silver | Debadged | New Rear Window | Retro fitted Fog lights | HID kit | Clarion slim sub | Clear side indicators | Colour coded handles | Halo Front lights | Hardtop | Winter 15" Style 27s on Vredestein Wintrax
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Wanted | console blanking plate

Post by Gazza »

Cheap as chips from the Dealers :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Make sure you get the right size. Believe it or not the one for the S54 M is different to the one for a pre facelift 2.8
I know I got the wrong one a few years ago. :head:
Might try and find the old one
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Theres actually two for the 2.8, one is slightly wider than the other. Parts 8 and 9 on this diagram.

Strangely they show as "LOCK" when you buy them from cooper BMW, but they are infact the correct expensive little piece of plastic (£3.64!).
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

Just called my local dealers and was told it had been discontinued.

Z3 1.9 | 17" ACS Style 2s refurbed in grey/silver | Debadged | New Rear Window | Retro fitted Fog lights | HID kit | Clarion slim sub | Clear side indicators | Colour coded handles | Halo Front lights | Hardtop | Winter 15" Style 27s on Vredestein Wintrax
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I had this same problem when I was after a new fuel cap rubber seal, so I emailed BMW Direct who operate via Ebay and they were able to check some master BMW computer and provide me with details of the two BMW dealers in the UK who still had stocks of the part in question. I rang the first one on the list, did the purchase over the phone with my credit card, and they posted it to me free of charge. :)
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
knighthawk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by knighthawk »

:P
Last edited by knighthawk on Sun 22 Apr, 2012 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

J1SUA wrote:Hi guys. Does anyone have a blanking plate going spare? I've taken the demister switch out and have a hole.

Cheers
Jonny.

I've found my narrow one which is of no use to me - if its the one you want pm me your address and I'll post it on to you.
code on it is 8400712
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
J1SUA

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by J1SUA »

Thanks to Phil for sorting one out for me!