FOR SALE: 2002 Z3 3.0 M Sport - INDIVIDUAL

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

Hi all,

i have decided to get a motorbike and sadly that means goodbye to my Zed :-(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... de/GU125HG

Let me know what you think on the price.
ellrar

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: FOR SALE: 2002 Z3 3.0 M Sport - INDIVIDUAL

Post by ellrar »

I have one very similar only its black with 45k. CAP price last week showed between £5,475 & £5,850 for a private sale for it. So I'll be interested to see how your's sells. Just keep your fingers crossed for a sunny day when its viewed! .Good Luck.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

4 new rear tires! Nothing like being prepared!
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Heath »

GrahamNorton wrote:Hi all,

i have decided to get a motorbike and sadly that means goodbye to my Zed :-(

Let me know what you think on the price.
I sold my motorbike to buy the Z3 last year & have never regretted it.
Nice car but I think its a little too high on price as dealers are selling similar Zeds for around 6k

Heath on Tapatalk
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

PRICE DROP TO £5995!

I would probably accept £5500. Seems like so much car for the money :(
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Shame this wasn't for sale when I was looking as I'd have liked the latest model possible and a Sport to boot. FWIW I paid £5,500 for my 2001/Y reg 3.0 non Sport @ 61,000 miles from a dealer, but this was back at the end of February hence I knocked £500 his asking price. I shouldn't really look at other sale threads as I suspect I paid a bit too much even then, but I didn't want a project, just something to 'tinker' with, which so far seems to be the case. Though I've still spent money on it, but mostly fuel rather than spares. :) With the better(?) weather coming perhaps the prices will be stronger for you. Good luck with the sale.
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

That does make me think that £5995 is a bit of a bargain price. No calls in nearly a week since the price drop though :? !

As you say shame it wasn't up while you were looking. Would like it to go to someone that will look after it like yourself.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

The weather hasn't been too great lately (at least in Berkshire) so maybe a bit of sunshine might help. The other thing is that you're close to early Z4 money (even though they will have more miles and smaller engines at those prices), plus you're not a dealer so may struggle with a higher price (the private sale examples I looked at were usually a fair bit cheaper, though I only found 2.8s privately when I was looking).

Just looking again at the advert it doesn't mention any service history other than the recently completed jobs and the (big) service. If it has any History might be worth putting that in. Many cars I looked at had BMW history upto 40,000 miles and independants afterwards for example. It didn't put me off looking, as is the one I ended up with, but the early history is nice to have. If you've done the work yourself, then mention a big folder of history (for the parts). I did a search for 3.0 Z3 on AT and while yours isnt the cheapest, the other ones have more miles on them. Some being well above yours (more like 'M' money IMHO) with lower mileages, so hard to know what to suggest apart from that larger engined cars aren't that sought after, but hopefully the better examples will sell.

I had a smile to myself as I notice that a certain 3.0 auto is still for sale: I saw it at the dealer when I was looking and thought it looked a bit scruffy for the price, though he's knocked a grand off what I saw it for two months ago. I wasn't after an auto (he had a 1.9 as well at the time) but wouldn't even enter into a discussion about prices when I made a 5% off attempt on the 1.9.

Better not look at any more otherwise I might wish I'd waited like for yours, especially as you're only 13 miles from me according to AT.
scottie

blank

Post by scottie »

Hello,
I am a comparative newbie on here. I noticed the front number plate is different to the rear one??????
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

1 is probably the private reg and the other i would assume is the original.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

Yeah, it is my private plate that i have now removed.

I have put it on Ebay now for £6499 whilst giving people the chance to make offers. Hopefully that will drum up some more interest.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Not wishing to appear rude, but if it didn't attract interest at £5995 I'm not sure increasing the price buy £500 will help it to shift, especially on Ebay.

As I said I bought mine for £5,500 from a dealer with (whatever) protection that gives over a private sale with slightly more miles (61K), full service history (BMW history upto 40,000 miles). So pretty much the same car as yours (bar being a 'Sport') one year older. FWIW had it been a private sale I would have expected to £500 or maybe a little more off, so under £5k. I know you said you'd take offers on a car, but I wouldn't expect to get £1,000 off a £6,500 car (I think you said you'd take £5,500 if you had to?) so perhaps the asking price is still a bit high given what you are expecting to get for it.

Again, I don't wish to appear rude, just giving the view of a recent Z3 3.0 buyer in the hope it's of some help. Put it another way, despite the detailing and cosmetic improvements I've been doing on my Z3 I wouldn't expect to get much more than perhaps £4,750 for mine should I try to sell it now.
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

I'd be looking to get the rear window replaced if you want to achieve the best price for the car.

TBH, it's the only thing putting me off. With a young family I'd not get time to have it sorted out myself so would rather pay a bit more for a car that is ready to go.

JMHO, and GLWTS.
550i Touring

GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

As per your recommendations the price has been dropped on both Autotrader and Ebay to £5600.

I thought about getting the window replaced but it doesnt leak and its that noticable so doesnt technically need doing.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Hope you get a sale Graham. :)

I feel a bit bad for my earlier post, hope it didn't come across as rude. If it doesn't sell at that price (or close to it) then that's a shock to all of us Z3 owners. I know marque specific forums tend to value their own cars higher than elsewhere, but I don't think you're being over optimistic at the new price.
jam_boy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jam_boy »

Hi Graham,

was just wondering if you had managed to seel the Z3M yet if so how much did you get for it in the end?

Gary
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

Hi,

Its still up for sale. Had a bit of interest and somebody is coming to look one evening this week. Thinking i am going to likely end up selling it for around £5200 - £5300.
jam_boy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jam_boy »

Fingers crossed for you! keep us posted, its a beautiful car
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

GrahamNorton wrote:Hi,

Its still up for sale. Had a bit of interest and somebody is coming to look one evening this week. Thinking i am going to likely end up selling it for around £5200 - £5300.
I see it is on Autotrader now. Still for sale?
550i Touring

simonbud100

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by simonbud100 »

I think the market is flat at the moment. I have had mine advertised for a little while at £4995 with very little interest, only 2 phone calls and 1 viewer (complete time waster).

Times are tough!
jam_boy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jam_boy »

So still not sold, how much woudld you be willing to drop?
jam_boy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jam_boy »

Any M's for about 4k? :wink:
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

ADVICE WANTED :S -Re: FOR SALE: 2002 Z3 3.0 M Sport - INDIVI

Post by GrahamNorton »

Hi all,

I still have my car up for sale. I have had a few interested people:

- 1 turned up, was all positive and said he was going to go home and check insurance quotes. He then decided he could not afford the car.

- 1 rearranged twice and after a few conversations and coming across very positive did not turn up to the viewing.

- 1 rearranged twice and then said he was going away on business for three weeks (as of last tuesday)

I am truly sick of time wasters and its costing me over £100 a month on temporary insurance and advertising. Someone (yet to view the car) has offered me £4700. He has come up from £4500 and says he cannot go any higher. I feel tempted to take the offer to be honest. I dont know how much money im likely to get if i wait for someone else. Its just numbers to me at the moment and am worried im about to sell myself short :?

Advert:

Advice would be appreciated.
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

Sorry to hear you are being messed about.

Well I for one am very interested in your car hence posting a couple of times in the thread already!

I dropped a massive hint about the rear window, it was the only thing putting me off to be honest and if a deal included you getting the window sorted (and perhaps putting 12 months MoT on it) I would've probably gone further with things. I apologise for not being clearer as I admit I didn't say this as such, but that was my thought process.

It's worth what the market will bear. I would suggest it is worth more than £4500. I'd send you a deposit sight unseen if you offered it to me for a price beginning with a 4 and I will get the window sorted myself!

Happy to discuss a deal via PM if you want to get in touch.
550i Touring

whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

I am not sure if this applies generally but when I was first in the market for my s54 ///M I was also considering the 3.0 litre. The thing was the insurance quotes were pretty much the same for both which swayed me towards the ///M. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Looking at photos is never the same but your rear screen looks like it just needs some renovation. I had a new hood when mine was 11yrs old and my window wasn't as cloudy as that.

I use This product or you can buy it on Amazon. Just take your time with it - use it both sides of the window, it's a bit awkward doing the inside but well worth it.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
jam_boy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jam_boy »

So Graham,

Did you sell the car in the end?
GrahamNorton

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GrahamNorton »

Indeed.

Lovely couple bought it for £5300. Think they are on here under the guise of 'Olly2012'

Was sad to see it go :-(.

Happy Zedding one and all

Over and out