My low mileage P&J Z3 3.0 for sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

My low mileage P&J Z3 3.0 for sale

Post by peteslag »

Sharp intake of breath………….After a month of contemplation I’m selling my beloved Z3 3.0. I’ve fallen for the charms of another car, I need more cash to fund it so need to sell the Zed. The car has been meticulously maintained with high quality parts and is in fantastic condition. MOT’d until 23rd May, Taxed till 30th April. It has dealer stamps up to 28,000 miles then I took over the servicing. I’m a bit anal about servicing as you are about to find out:

36,000 – Oil and filter, air filter and plugs
37,500 – Brake fluid (RBF600), EBC grooved and drilled discs, red stuff pads and Eibach springs
39,000 – Oil and filter
42,500 – Bilstein B8 shocks, laser align
43,000 – Oil and filter
44,200 –Current mileage

I have kept all of the original parts so the car can easily be returned to standard if required. There is a folder full of receipts and old MOT’s from the previous owner as well.

Here are a few more details:

Engine: Remapped to give 248BHP with 325 Torques to back it up. No smoking or rattling and it uses virtually no oil or water. It is ultra-smooth and pulls like a train. The gearbox feels like new when going through the gears.

Bodywork: The paintwork is 100% original, as a result there are a few imperfections but nothing remotely off putting. The rare blue roof is in excellent order, It was fitted about 7 years ago by BMW (the owner at the time had more money than sense and didn’t like it in black).

Interior: Very few signs of wear and tear.

Chassis: The underside of the car is in remarkable condition, this car must have garaged all of its life and never taken out in the rain.

It is a 5 speed manual, air con works fine, the active braking and traction control both work perfectly, the electric roof also functions as new, in fact, everything functions as new! The car is 100% reliable and shows few signs of being over 10 years old.

Here are some recent pics:

Here is the complete story of the car since I’ve owned it:

http://zroadster.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=434

This is a rare opportunity to buy a much loved Zed that offers serious performance at a winter bargain price, £5800.

I’ll leave it on the forums for a bit then it will go to autotrader, eBay etc. I’d really like it if another forum member bought it but at the end of the day, it has to sell. :(
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Re: My low mileage P&J Z3 3.0 for sale

Post by billz »

Surprised your getting rid pete, so what are you after ?
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

That looks like a beaut.

Is that Cosford where the photos were taken?

Regards

Peter
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Yes Peter, that is Cosford. I live just down the road so it is a perfect place to get a good photo.

I'm getting a more track friendly VX220 to replace the Zed Bill, I have thoroughly enjoyed my 2 outings on the track (I hasten to add it had an engine and brake service after each one). The Zed handles itself magnificently but I want something more lightweight.

Plus, I change my cars like I change underwear.
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

peteslag wrote:Plus, I change my cars like I change underwear.
365 cars a year then???? or.... lol!

nice car!
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Pierrick wrote:

nice car!
I think he means when it starts to smell bad. :D
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by huntert »

Can you change a car inside out? :oops:
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Pierrick wrote:

nice car!
How dare you sir, I'll have you know my pants are clean on tonight. That's 3 times this year already!

I see you are flying the French flag as an avatar, French people aren't exactly renowned for their clean underwear habbits. Those in glass houses........... :D
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

peteslag wrote: I see you are flying the French flag as an avatar, French people aren't exactly renowned for their clean underwear habbits. Those in glass houses........... :D

Well apparently there is/was a reputation about the french as you said!!! I never heard about it before to come in England! And I can't tell you where it's from!

Anyway good luck for selling your car! I'd love one like this if I had more money!
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Pierrick wrote:
peteslag wrote: I see you are flying the French flag as an avatar, French people aren't exactly renowned for their clean underwear habbits. Those in glass houses........... :D

Well apparently there is/was a reputation about the french as you said!!! I never heard about it before to come in England! And I can't tell you where it's from!

Anyway good luck for selling your car! I'd love one like this if I had more money!
Cheers bud :thumb:
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Just to recap, the car has only done 44,000 miles and is vastly improved with the modifications I've had done.

New Bilstein shocks
New Eibach springs
New front wishbones
New EBC discs
The pads have plenty of meat on them and the fluid has also been replaced.
It has just been serviced.

Every time it goes for an MOT the mechanic always comments on how little age the car shows. With a little cash and some elbow grease it could easily be made concours.

Price drop, £5000.
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

I've had questions concerning the interior, here are a few shots:

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Seems a good clean example with low milage.
Two track days won't harm a 3.0, not with good servicing.

The suspension mods are spot on. If I were in the market for a 3.0 then I would have alook

Only thing I would check Pete is your boot welds.

Hope you sell soon, you mite get lucky as its coming upto spring :wink:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

I've had plenty of interest on the phone and by email but no cash as yet. Boot welds are fine by the way. :thumb:
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

What is "habbits?"
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Rafolian wrote:What is "habbits?"
when you pick your nose :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666