//M seats

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
J_K

M roadster S50

//M seats

Post by J_K »

Pair of black electric, heated seats.
rivers bolster is worn and there is a tear in the bottom pad and the drivers seat has some movement in the back when cornering. I would say a loose or broken bolt.
I put some leather cleaner on them and they soaked it right up so they would become more supple with more regular feeding although they are really nice and comfortable as they are.
Unsurprisingly, the seat belt guide has broken on the drivers seat..
£350 the pair. Collection from Exeter or Cullompton, Devon.

snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: //M seats

Post by snoops »

You have PM
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
J_K

M roadster S50

Post by J_K »

sold..
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

They're mine mine all mine :D I will no doubt get some strange looks from colleagues tomorrow when they arrive on a pallet and I watch as they are unloaded :shock: :shock: like a mother hen...

Thanks for a brilliant transaction JK - good to do business with you :D
J_K

M roadster S50

Post by J_K »

No problem. Hope you're happy with them
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Arrived safely and transported home - now sitting pride of place in our games room :D still pondering over the recovering :?
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

snoops if you do recover them will you do a step by step guide please ? :rtm:
the badness makes me do it...!

snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

swamper wrote:snoops if you do recover them will you do a step by step guide please ? :rtm:
I'm only pondering over colour and design, I wouldn't attempt to do them myself, my sewing skills are not up to that.

What kind of thing are you after? Are you looking for a step by step guide of stripping off the leather, I could do that - it can't be much different to my current seats when I fitted new seatbelt guides.

The leather on the passenger seat is like new - I'm wondering if anyone might be interested in that :?: it would be a shame to just store it in the garage if someone can make good use of it ??
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Congratulations snoops ///M seats make a great difference.

In terms of refurbishment there is a company in warrington so not too far from you who have a great reputation. I saw some of their recent work on Porsches at Gosworth House last weekend and its first rate. 120,000 milers looked like new.

http://www.leathercaredirect.com/contact_us.php

They are next door to the Porsche indy I'm using and so I'm going to call in whilst I'm there on Friday to see them myself.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Cheers Jontttttt I'll look into them, I have also spoken to Mark Henderson in Warrington he came recommended too.

The seats are really comfy, Ray just left me sat there after we brought them into the house :D
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

snoops wrote:
swamper wrote:snoops if you do recover them will you do a step by step guide please ? :rtm:
I'm only pondering over colour and design, I wouldn't attempt to do them myself, my sewing skills are not up to that.

What kind of thing are you after? Are you looking for a step by step guide of stripping off the leather, I could do that - it can't be much different to my current seats when I fitted new seatbelt guides.

The leather on the passenger seat is like new - I'm wondering if anyone might be interested in that :?: it would be a shame to just store it in the garage if someone can make good use of it ??
the stripping the leather off snoops...i seem to remember you doing a thread on it a while back while replacing the seat belt guide :?:
the badness makes me do it...!

mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mrwhippy »

I can personally recommend 'leathercaredirect' in Warrington. They refurbished a pair of beige sports seats that I put in my Z3 1.9.

I also gave them a new seat belt guide which they had fitted whilst they had the seats.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

mrwhippy wrote:I can personally recommend 'leathercaredirect' in Warrington. They refurbished a pair of beige sports seats that I put in my Z3 1.9.

I also gave them a new seat belt guide which they had fitted whilst they had the seats.
Cheers both the fitters are in Warrington so I'm going to go see both and decide.... Good to get personal recommendations thank you.

I will also strip down one of the seats and do a how to step by step..
J_K

M roadster S50

Post by J_K »

Glad you're happy with them.
they are really comfy seats.
And the passenger seat is mint. Amazing to see the condition of the drivers eat compared to it.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Keep us updated Doris, let us know how much they charge.

Mark

The 'BEAST' 666
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Badman gee wrote:Keep us updated Doris, let us know how much they charge.

Mark
I don't think it's going to be cheap so I won't have to think about the monetary value of zippy and question if its worth it, problem is I can always spot the most expensive thing in any shop at a distance :shock: but he deserves the best :D
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

It won't be cheap I guess around 800 notes.

The 'BEAST' 666
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Badman gee wrote:It won't be cheap I guess around 800 notes.
I reckon £800-£1,000 depending on the leather I choose, I'll get the door cards done to match too.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

snoops wrote:
Badman gee wrote:It won't be cheap I guess around 800 notes.
I reckon £800-£1,000 depending on the leather I choose, I'll get the door cards done to match too.
Your not far off there but could be a bit more. (Depends on leather type as you say)

I know a good trimmer who isn't that expensive, but he still wanted 800 pounds for the seats and door cards.

The 'BEAST' 666
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

snoops wrote:
mrwhippy wrote:I can personally recommend 'leathercaredirect' in Warrington. They refurbished a pair of beige sports seats that I put in my Z3 1.9.

Cheers both the fitters are in Warrington so I'm going to go see both and decide.... Good to get personal recommendations thank you.

I will also strip down one of the seats and do a how to step by step..

Hi
The guy who did my armrest etc is excellent :D only 2mins off the M6 jct 20 lymm, only 30mins from you! Drop me a pm if you want his number
Jon
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Jon that's mark Henderson isn't it I went to see him when you told me before... I was going to get my present seats recovered but decided to wait for the right seats to come along....it's been quite a wait. ..but he seems to know his stuff and he's always busy, always a good sign..
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

you could always use these:

linky

:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

gookah wrote:you could always use these:

linky

:D
Hahaha I saw those a few weeks ago I nearly posted the link for TitanTim :D
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Is the passenger seat,mint condition,for sale? How much?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

geminimustang wrote:Is the passenger seat,mint condition,for sale? How much?
The seat is not for sale I need 2.... But the leather on the passenger seat is like new, I could sell that.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Just a quick update, the firm Jontttt recommended sound like an excellent setup and I had a good long chat with one of the owners but they themselves only do the refurbs of existing, if they get any recovers they sub them out to a few local firms, one of which is the the other guy I am going to see tomorrow.

He is their number one choice and they said he is always busy so you just have to give him the seats and he will deliver, if you wait around for a phone call when he's not busy it won't happen.

He mentioned he'd had a few refurbs on Z3's and on each one he did the seatbelt guides whilst he had them :shock: there's a surprise.

I'll do another update tomorrow after I have seen Mark.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

How much for the leather off the seat?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

I can't do anything with the seats just at the moment, went to see the vehicle trimmer today and had a chat about options, of course I pick the more expensive option of colour matching the interior finding out the full price on Monday when he has got the price of the hides.

He also explained that he will be in effect swapping over all the cushioning from passenger to driver and vice versa and making good any deficiencies in the more worn areas of padding/shape on what will be the passenger seat.

He is also going to make me up some samples of stitching on my colour so I can see how it looks, current seats have same colour stitching detail but I fancy a contrast, be able to see if it works once he's done some samples.

I never realised that these seats have a hard plastic back, whereas my current seats are full leather. Is that plastic back just clipped on at the bottom or is there some hidden fastening... Anyone know ??
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

There is a bar that goes across the back about 15cm below the top of the plastic, the clips sort of slide onto the bar
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

('_')Z3 wrote:There is a bar that goes across the back about 15cm below the top of the plastic, the clips sort of slide onto the bar

Cheers Jon...

Just managed to win 2 heated seat switches on good old Ebay... £7.50 for 2 .. What a bargain, been watching on and off all day :shock:
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

As promised - an update from the vehicle trimmers.

Sorry for delay, I've been in "no signal land" (Anglesey) for a week.

Spoke to Mark on Friday who had spoken to the suppliers in Germany and for BMW leather it is £450 per hide and I would need 2 :shock: there is also a minimum 6 week wait with payment up front. I have to be realistic here and consider other options, I think there will be other leather suppliers - can't see why I have to get BMW but still get quality.. that price is just the hides obviously labour charges would be on top of that.

So... we've arranged for me to go down again in a week or so (he's really busy with work) so we can have another chat and a look at other leather options but I am also going to contact UK Hide and see what they can supply - they will send me samples and prices.

I am now considering sticking to the standard sport seat design of the 2 colour leather - possibly using a beige and black combo - are all seats done the standard way with black in the middle and the colour on the outside ?? Pics would be nice from anyone willing to just take a pic of their seats please :wink:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

I knew it would cost a bit Doris,

I was only quoted 800 for both seats and door cards.

A very good guy as well.

Trouble is he is in baldock

The 'BEAST' 666
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Badman gee wrote:I knew it would cost a bit Doris,

A very good guy as well.

If I just want to recover the seats/door cards in black Mark has also said £800 - it's me trying to match the current BMW leather in the car that's costing mega bucks.....
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

snoops wrote:
Badman gee wrote:I knew it would cost a bit Doris,

A very good guy as well.

If I just want to recover the seats/door cards in black Mark has also said £800 - it's me trying to match the current BMW leather in the car that's costing mega bucks.....
I see, you want the smooth finish leather, not patterned or rippled to match the BMW original.

Yep I agree.

The 'BEAST' 666
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Snoops,

As sad as it may be it might be, is it worth looking for another set of seats? I know they do not come on the market too often but you will get a decent set of ///M seats that do not require covering for c£500.00.(I picked up a whole ///M interior for £500.00 for my last Z).

Looking at your figures including buying the seats you could be in for approx. a grand to get these recovered and up to standard :shock:

Just a thought

Brian
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Thanks for the thought Brian others have also suggested that I put the seats in as is but I had factored in the cost of recovering to get the finish I want just not BMW prices and to be honest I don't have to have BMW leather.

Let's see what UK HIDE come back with, would appreciate some pics though from you sport seat guys and gals :D
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Not a cheap hobby the z3 is it!

The 'BEAST' 666
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Badman gee wrote:Not a cheap hobby the z3 is it!
I would hate to think what I have spent over the past few years :shock: all worthwhile though :)
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Badman gee wrote:Not a cheap hobby the z3 is it!

You can't put a price on the smile on your face when you drive them though...
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

You can't!

The 'BEAST' 666
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Hi Snoops

Here's our sports seats the M seats are the reverse colouring ie black centre and coloured bolsters

Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i