wanted mud flaps

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
woozzle

Z3 roadster 2.8

wanted mud flaps

Post by woozzle »

hi. looking for some mud flaps to fit the z3 (well the wife is :head: ) can anyone recommend some, halfords etc. thanks
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: wanted mud flaps

Post by deni2s »

I know the ebay user qonago from Lithuania had rear original bmw mudflaps for sale. He is parting cars.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The rear OEM mudflaps have to be modified in order to fit anything but a narrowbody (i.e. pre-facelift) 1.9. The fronts will fit any Z3, with the possible exception of those fitted with aero-sideskirts.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

You can still buy BMW front mudflaps in a kit with the fitting clips (at least you could a couple of months ago) Part number is 82 16 9 405 191. They will probably have to be special order and are about £30. When you fit them don't break any of the clips because they are no longer available on their own and you have to buy another kit to replace the broken clip! I don't think the rear ones are available any longer.
woozzle

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by woozzle »

thanks everyone,i'll try mr bmw today for stock. :thumb:
Daz 999

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Daz 999 »

I went to my local dealer to enquire about a pair of front mudflaps. He looked at stock held by all UK dealers and advised of only two listing them as in stock, one in Hull and another in London. I rang them today and both had recently sold the last ones.

Hope you managed to get some woozle, the search goes on for me.......... :roll:
ImageImageImage

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

If your really struggling Roadster Solutions still sell the fronts

http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page1.html

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Daz 999

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Daz 999 »

Cheers Tim, I'd forgotten about Roadster Solutions. I've got a reply back from another USA supplier, they were looking over $90 to supply and ship here to sunny Northern Ireland. Not sure if that included import duty and VAT. Think i will just keep my eyes peeled for a used set.

Im currently having my sills and indicator panels repainted so I'm just looking to protect them when i put them back on again. When i took them off the car i found quite an amazing amount of soil lodged in my sills both front and rear, even with well mounted arch liners....... :shock:
ImageImageImage

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Daz 999 wrote:Cheers Tim, I'd forgotten about Roadster Solutions. I've got a reply back from another USA supplier, they were looking over $90 to supply and ship here to sunny Northern Ireland. Not sure if that included import duty and VAT. Think i will just keep my eyes peeled for a used set.

Im currently having my sills and indicator panels repainted so I'm just looking to protect them when i put them back on again. When i took them off the car i found quite an amazing amount of soil lodged in my sills both front and rear, even with well mounted arch liners....... :shock:
I've only got them on the fronts, wouldn't mind them on the rear but they won't fit the facelift as far as I know.

They were a £120 a set for the Z4 :?

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Guys, you may get lucky on ebay or on here if someone has some surplus to requirements. I got my front mud flaps on here. :D
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Daz 999

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Daz 999 »

Hi Conor long time no read! Did you put the flaps on OGII or Hamish? If it was Hamish, could you be persuaded to let them go? :)
ImageImageImage

///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Daz 999 wrote:Hi Conor long time no read! Did you put the flaps on OGII or Hamish? If it was Hamish, could you be persuaded to let them go? :)
Hey Darrell,hope you are well. They are still in their packaging. I am not putting them on Hamish until I get the new front wing panels painted and fitted. Sorry, but can't let them go. Like yourself I was on the look out for these for years.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

A word of advice / caution regarding mudflaps....
Firstly, the fit onto the car isn't 100% perfect...ie. the curvature of the flap doesn't exactly match the curve of the car body seamlessly.
Secondly, since it doesn't fit seamlessly, it provides a trap for dust and moisture, which will over time damage the painted surface, and possibly cause rust.
Thirdly, fitting them requires drilling / cutting holes in the wheel arch liners.
...and lastly, they always end up looking grubby after a few miles.

A more practical solution would be to have the underside of the rear bumper and sills "wrapped" in clear material.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Can't say that's a problem I've had with mine, Barry. Mine were fitted by the dealer on day one and are still fine after 14 years. The fit is very good. The fit will not be as good if you modify the rears to fit a widebody rear as they are designed for the narrowbody. Of course, the fit of non-BMW flaps may vary.

Cheers R.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

you were lucky...I managed to find a set of rears - OEEM - and the fit wasn't that great...maybe becausr they were 2nd hand... :shrug
"Normal is overrated"

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Yes, but you have a fat arse. :wink:

The OEM rear mudflaps were only ever available for the skinny-reared pre-facelift 1.9. You have to butcher them to make them fit a 2.8 (or facelift).

Cheers R.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Nice one Rob...you really know how to make my car feel good...especially since it's a "she".... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"