Set of OE alloys with winter tyres

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Set of OE alloys with winter tyres

Post by Racing Tortoise »

For sale, one set of four OEM 16" alloys from BMW Z1.

£400. Would need to be collected from central London.

Rarely used and always kept in dark garage so in excellent condition. Three in unmarked condition, one has light kerbing scuff to outer rim. Previously refurbished (by me in 2005). No centre caps (I always just used the centre caps from my other set). Fitted with 225/45/R16 Toyo Snowprox winter tyres in excellent condition (pretty much full tread - see photographs in next post). These are very effective as the attached photographs taken in Switzerland shows. Only for sale as I have sadly sold my Z1 and therefore they are surplus to requirements.

Tyres - 225/45 R16, Centre Bore - 57.1, Offset - ET25, Bolt - 12 x 150, Stud - 4 x 100.

Will fit other E30 variants (other than 5-stud M3). A new set of these costs an absolute fortune from BMW and I note that Alloy Wheels Direct want £2,380 for four (without tyres or centre caps). Collection only from central London. Not interested in any part exchange or swaps.

For sale as I need to clear out my garage and they are surplus to requirements. Would suit a Z1 owner looking to use his or her car all year around (as I used to do).

Last edited by Racing Tortoise on Thu 03 Apr, 2014 15:13, edited 3 times in total.
Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
Racing Tortoise
Z Register member

Z1 roadster

Re: Set of OE alloys for Z1 with winter tyres

Post by Racing Tortoise »

More photographs of the wheels/tyres:

Minor scuff to one (rest have no scuffs):

Currently: bereft of Z1
Previously: 1991 Ur-grun Z1 and 1991 Traum-schwartz Z1
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Set of OE alloys with winter tyres

Post by TR4man »

I can only dream of becoming a Z1 owner, but I've got to say how wonderful it is to see photos of such a rare car being used in the winter.

I suspect most Z1s are wrapped up warm and away from the elements. Good on you for using it!