For Sale 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 138k miles £2000 over £3k spent

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

For Sale 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 138k miles £2000 over £3k spent

Post by Lewy »

Gutted to be selling up before I got her exactly how I wanted her but new baby on the way so I need to get my practical head on - hope it passes quickly and I can start being a big kid again soon!

Headlines:

1998 Z3 roadster 2.8 in Boston Green
138,000 miles
Black Leather electric heated seats
Power hood
Rolling road read out last year was 191bhp - only lost 2 horses in 14 years
Engine and gearbox both excellent
MOT till August
No tax but will put 6 months on if I get the asking price

These wheels are not now on the car but here's the car looking its best last year:

Other than different side gills and it's now on Eibach lowering springs (as per pics above), this is how the car will be sold:

I will get some more up to date pics incl interior when I clean it this week - weather permitting

Work completed since I owned the car (Bought in Sept '12):

Complete replacement of rear axle carrier bushes and related works
Oil & filter service early 2013
New clutch and dual mass flywheel + gearbox fluid change
New shocks all round (oem)
New Eibach Pro lowering springs all round
New discs all round
New Ferodo racing pads all round
Replacement second hand M steering wheel
New Power steering pipe
K&N panel filter

(i'll update if I've forgotten anything)

Works I will complete prior to sale:

OIl and filter service
Replace crank pulse sensor
Replace thermostat and ally housing
Replace spark plugs
Replace rocker cover gasket and spark plug gaskets
Autoglym roof clean and protect
Full inside / outside clean and detail

Total spend on all parts and labour is over £3k and I have receipts for everything - along with most of its service history to date.

The car is a pleasure to drive, loads of fun and deserves to be used. This is an ongoing project hence the price although please note - it CAN be used daily as it's just a few bits that need sorting. There's no body work rust and underneath has been waxoiled however as per the age of the car, there are some signs of oxidisation under the chassis and under the bonnet.

Still left to do:

Exhaust is blowing - I was waiting to get a custom one but I'm sure you'll get a bolt on one from eBay if so desired
Bonnet needs a respray - there was some laquer peel which I tried to fix and made it worse. I've had 2 quotes, one at £100 and another at £150
Wheels not perfect but no dents or gouges, there is some paint peel
The drivers side seat has had a cut or tear on the bolster in the past, and sadly repaired by a 2 year old by the looks of it (pics to follow)
Radio reception is not great - never bothered me and I've not ever looked into why but I suspect it's something to do with a worn cable where the boot opens - don't quote me though - a lot of people here will probably know more about this if it's a common issue
Some small scratches and shopping trolley dents around the body but only upon close inspection - not obvious

That's it for now. It's up for £2k based on the above, it's a real solid car with everything that I've done to improve it and there are just those cosmetic improvements plus the exhaust and it'll be lovely. I think it's probably too cheap but I'd much rather someone have it and spend the money on improving it rather than see it on my drive every day and not have the time to work on it.

Hope it goes to a good home - it's a lot of summer fun for not very much money. Please drop me a pm if interested :D

Sorry, I should have mentioned car is available for viewing at my home in Wolverhampton - will also do a full code read and give it a clean bill of health before it goes ;)
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: For Sale 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 138k miles £2000 over £3k spent

Post by alec.m »

I`m looking at lowering my car and I`m tempted to go for the Eibach Pro springs. Yours sits just right and looks great on them. Can I ask you for some feedback on how you find the ride with them on oem shocks? I don`t want to end up with too hard a ride. Good luck with the sale. Alec