Best driving gloves...??

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Best driving gloves...??

Post by Southernboy »

Here's a thought which those of you who play golf will attest to...
Golfers wear one glove only... if you're right handed you wear a glove on your left hand and if left handed you wear one on your right hand... thing is these gloves are available in various colours, are really thin leather (or synthetic) and fit very snugly to the hand...and they are reasonably priced from any golf discount type shop.
The idea of wearing one is to provide extra grip without needing to grasp the shaft of the club too tightly... this will do the same for driving, and because they are so thin they will still allow "feel"...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Best driving gloves...??

Post by deni2s »

When I made quick market research for driving gloves I found http://www.lowlygentlemen.com/collectio ... ing-gloves for me as the most wanted gloves.

Somehow I trust these car enthusiasts (StanceWorks) and I believe that they know what they are selling for other drivers and stand behind their product. There are lots of much cheaper solutions available on ebay, but I don't trust them so much.

They also have nice marketing of brand, for example in this feature Magnus Walker is wearing these gloves:
http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/02/magn ... rsche-67s/
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

At $150...I can understand "desirable"... and they can stay just that...desirable... :D
I have a pair of OEM BMW leather driving gloves...I don't think they were quite as $ desirable... the main purpose I suggested golf gloves is that they are relatively inexpensive and every bit as functional in terms of comfort, grip and warmth..also easily available anywhere as well as being strong enough to last.
"Normal is overrated"

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I use a pair of Dents driving gloves when using the Z3 during the winter and they're superb. Hardly feel your wearing them and well made. I wear them mainly because in freezing weather the solid aluminium gear knob is literally painful to hold so a decent pair of gloves are a must.

Think I paid around 30 quid,

http://www.dents.co.uk/shop/mens-gloves/

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...... yes, I have the same cold knob syndrome... :D ... and that sounds more like the sort of price !!
Just had a quick look at their website on the link you provided...they have some pretty neat stuff too !
"Normal is overrated"

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Southernboy wrote:...... yes, I have the same cold knob syndrome... :D ... and that sounds more like the sort of price !!
Just had a quick look at their website on the link you provided...they have some pretty neat stuff too !
I've had mine a couple of years and seem to get better with wear and age. Only thing I don't like with mine are the knuckle cut outs which look a little Boston Strangler :shock:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Was the Boston strangler quite "sporty" minded then?... :D
My BMW issue are quite stylish...and no knuckle holes...they do have small zippers up the side from wrist to just short of the small finger / hand joint... makes them a very snug fit... they also have an elasticised strip under the zipper... very soft leather...pigskins I imagine.... certainly soft and tight enough to operate my mobile as easily as bare handed.
"Normal is overrated"

Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

i wear a pair of £15 golf gloves. suede on the palm and very thin cool material on the back. i use them for road and motorsport driving and they grip the wheel like glue.
wassell

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by wassell »

Have a look at troy lee designs "air" glove. These could be suitable for you. Very durable, last about a season on the dh bike and breathe very well.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Ding dong........ i say :roflmao:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..