CLEAR HEADLIGHT INDICATOR LENSES - available?.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

CLEAR HEADLIGHT INDICATOR LENSES - available?.

Post by Southernboy »

I have posted a response on another thread, but thought it may be of interest as a specific post.
I have just this morning given the nod to have a left and right hand headlight indicator lense mold made. I expect the molds to be ready by next week friday'ish... subsequently a "test" pair will be produced to check for quality and fit - my car will be the test vehicle - All being good to go, they will be available in quantities a week or so thereafter. They will be sold in pairs only. I anticipate a price of £40 per set plus £5 - £8 postage and packaging. So, for under £50 you will be able to convert from the OEM orange lenses to clear lenses. This will require de-tanoing the front headlight unit lense off the body though. Given the scarcity and substantial prices asked for the complete headlight units with clear indicator lenses, this should prove a reasonable alternative which would require around an hour to complete a conversion. They will be made complete with the refractory surface on the inner face ( as per the OEM lenses) and the outer visible surface will be a smooth polished finish. This will also provide the opportunity for those who have removed the orange lenses, and are currently "lensless" to complete the conversion so that the end result is as per OEM apperance.
As soon as I am satisfied that the items are a good substitute in terms of fit and quality, I will post some pics of the lenses and of them fitted into my headlights. I'm really hoping to have some pics up in around 2 weeks or sooner. Initial numbers will be 10 sets, and dependent on response I will re-order more. I plan to put them onto eBay at £.55 / a set, and hopefully recover some of the initiation costs.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: CLEAR HEADLIGHT INDICATOR LENSES - available?.

Post by Mugs »

as i said in the previous thread - i will have a set. please can you let me know when they are ready and you have pics? thanks :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I'll post all related pics etc on this thread.... :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

janijoeli

M roadster S50

Post by janijoeli »

Hey mate, if the lenses are of OEM quality, reserve a set for me! :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Will do.. When I collect the 1st set, I'll do some close up pics and post them here. I'll also do some pics when I've fitted them and before I put the front lens back onto the unit, and alll being good, I'll re-assemble and fit them back on the car and do a pic of the competed job. I would love to do my headlamps, so I'm holding thumbs tis guy is as good as he claims he is... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Update... molds are done, they require some "cleaning up".... first set of lenses are promised for later this week... can't wait to see the results !! If they are any good, I'll be posting some pics... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

....... Here they are, and I'm really pleased with the result... I'll be fitting these on the weekend, and I'll post a pic once done... :wink:

£. 48 incl post and packaging airmail signed for.

"Normal is overrated"