Scarlett Sale :(

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Scarlett Sale :(

Post by David »

So Today is a sad day. I'm putting Scarlett up for sale. She has been a good friend to me, and I have learnt so much from her. The better news is that her sale will not be in vain; I will be upgrading to a another Z with a little bit more under the bonnet.

I'm in no rush to sell and I'm not really sure what her value is, given her condition and how unique she is, so I've put her up on Gumtree for an amount that I think is a tad excessive to see what response I get and take it from there.

I would love her to go to another forum member, so please get in touch if you are interested!

- 2000 X reg, Facelift
- 1.9 M43
- 64k miles
- MOT September 2015
- 40 MPG
- Folder full of Receipts and invoices
- Part Service history since has been enthusiast maintained between myself and previous owner
- Recent complete rear suspension rebuild
- ALL fluids changed at same time
- CUSTOM (truly one of a kind) leather sports interior (with heated seats)
- ///M centre console
- OEM roll hoops
- Upgraded Sound system, including behind the seat subwoofers
- Oval auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Polished Aluminium Armrest (a la Southernboy)
- Black Angel-eye Projectors
- Stripped and Powdercoated 18" MV2 alloys in Anthracite
- Roof and Rear Window in Excellent condition

£4,995 is the Gumtree price, but that is most definitely an 'ONO'

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1109472630

Southernboy wrote:Nipple Cream
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Scarlett Sale :(

Post by David »

After my little road trip and new exhaust.....

Scarlett is NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!!
For now, no other zed can compare.
(Unless a sizeable wad of cash is involved!)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

David wrote:Scarlett is NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!!
Don't blame you, red is a nice and less common colour, it's low mileage and you've done a lot of renovation/modifications - you'd only need to do the same all over again if you changed :)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

No disrespect David but I think you would have been struggling getting the asking price in all honesty. Had mine up for sale recently, 26,000 miles, immaculate etc etc and put the reserve on ebay at 3800 and I was struggling to get anywhere near that. Had dozens of offers of between 2200 and 2500 but no-one out there seemed to want to go over 2500. You've done the best thing keeping the Zed. Unfortunately these cars are simply not worth much to your average buyer. of course as owners we know different.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
David

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by David »

TitanTim wrote:No disrespect David but I think you would have been struggling getting the asking price in all honesty.

Tim.
I entirely agree Tim, it was excessive but the intention - as I was in no rush to sell - was to keep it available for sale on various sites, very occasionally lowering the price if it didn't get any interest, in the hope that someone with money to burn and a keen eye for styling over speed would be willing to buy Scarlett (In much a similar way to Barry's 'Scarab I'. No harm trying! :)