2.8 widebody Z3 Silver For Sale (possibly)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

2.8 widebody Z3 Silver For Sale (possibly)

Post by Hudson »

Hi all,

I am considering selling my Zed as I am buying a house next month and the money would come in handy. I also don't drive her nearly enough and she would appreciate being driven on a regular basis rather than just sitting on my drive (last year I done 1,500 miles, the year before even less). This is very much a reluctant sale as I really don't want to sell her but it seems such a waste to leave her sitting there all the time.

I have recently had any dinks removed (the drivers door vs ignorant door opener) and the paint sprayed where it was looking tired due to her age (original colour) and also the wheels sorted so she is in superb condition. I also had a brand new roof put on in April (black) and is still warranted until next year. She has about 84,000 miles on the clock and is MOT'd until February next year. She is also taxed but that doesn't make a great deal of difference these days does it? I also have a half top roof cover which is always kept on when parked and a removable boot rack which will all come with the car.

She is Artic Silver with black leather seating. Everything works wonderfully except the heating fan which needs a new transistor which is a common problem and easily fixed (my local BMW garage will do it for £60 so I can either have it done prior to sale or take £60 off the final sale price). She drives like an absolute dream and pulls like there is no tomorrow! The only problems I have had with her is the battery runs flat as she is driven so rarely, not a problem if you drive her often (as in more than once a month like me).

I haven't advertised her anywhere else but if you would like pictures, please message me.

I am kinda hoping no-one asks but baby steps....

Oh she is in Dartford, Kent, probably quite important information that, if you are miles away!

I would like something in the region of around £5,000 but if I know she is going to a good home and is loved as much as I have, we can talk about it. I figure putting her on here is better as at least she will go to an enthusiast rather than some chump.
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: 2.8 widebody Z3 Silver For Sale (possibly)

Post by Hudson »

Still have this for sale. Since posting this I have driven approximately 7 miles in total.. Alas, in that time, someone has managed to put two small (1 inch) scratches in the bumper (they run parallel with each other, about an inch apart) which is very frustrating considering I brought her up to spec only recently.

I would also consider a part exchange for another vehicle if that is any good to anyone.

Obviously happy to discuss the price with anyone interested, most reasonable offers considered!
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

As an update, the sale of this is currently postponed as some ><%#}^# stole both the wing mirrors last night. No damage to the car whatsoever except the wires cut so very very very very annoyed.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

That is unbelievable mate, there was a thread on a forum about a rear strut brace being nicked relatively recently too.

pure scum, clearly they knew that they'll be about £100 each to replace.

If you're lucky a call to a few breakers might get you a pair, but in the right colour for a fair price is very unlikely.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

Thanks and yes, very annoying. Managed to get replacements but gonna need respraying. £200 for both including wiring. Gonna keep an eye out to see if the stolen ones appear online.
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

I am now terrified of doing any further work to my zed in case the people that stole the wing mirrors have clocked the address and will come back to help themselves to any other parts.

Therefore, if anyone wants to make a sensible offer, I am more than happy to consider.

The problems are as follows:

Two wing mirrors not connected to the motor (I have the wing mirrors now although one will need a respray, the front half of the cover is standard silver, not artic silver). I haven't connected up because it means removing the door card and I am not confident of this.

Heater Fan transistor needs replacing (£60 at a garage)

Two parallel one inch scratches on the bumper (happened since I had panels re-sprayed).

Seriously, this car deserves a decent home and as said before, all sensible offers will be considered.
Clivebse

M roadster S50

Post by Clivebse »

What price are you looking for?
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

£5k, it's in the original ad.
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

Originally I was looking for £5k but I will consider any sensible offers.
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

Some good news and some bad news. The good news is that after purchasing a house the inevitable happened.. yep, the baby is due on July 1st! :) :) :)

The bad news is, the Zed must definitely go. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please someone make me an offer and if its sensible, I will more than likely accept it (I will take a hit on the original asking price, that was my wish list). I would also consider a straight swop for something that will fit a pram in the boot and a baby seat in the back!

Happy to email photos if requested, the only reason I haven't posted any on here is because a) I don't know how and b) I have been lazy. Also if you want to come and have a look and test drive, happy to arrange.

I don't need to tell you how rare these cars are! This will be going on ebay etc once I get round to getting the pictures done.
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi, to give you an idea of the market place I was following one on Ebay, it sold today for £3,200 finished in white, looked seriously nice, auto, 75k miles and complete with hard top. Take a look at item number 191773148362. Best of luck with your sale, spring time needless to say the best.
BB
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

bentley-boy wrote:Hi, to give you an idea of the market place I was following one on Ebay, it sold today for £3,200 finished in white, looked seriously nice, auto, 75k miles and complete with hard top. Take a look at item number 191773148362. Best of luck with your sale, spring time needless to say the best.
BB
Thanks! Ill keep her in the garage and then put her out there in April maybe.
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

We will be selling ours in the spring same as yours but mint condition hardtop sports extended leather 72k fish doubt it will get more than £3500 even in the springtime £5k is unrealistic sorry (wish they were getting thar sort of money )
Hudson

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hudson »

beerbelly wrote:We will be selling ours in the spring same as yours but mint condition hardtop sports extended leather 72k fish doubt it will get more than £3500 even in the springtime £5k is unrealistic sorry (wish they were getting thar sort of money )
That I have realised! Its a shame because give it ten years and they will be demanding that price if not more, no doubt about it!
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

I know a guy round the corner just sold a mk2 fiesa xr2 for £5k and it wasent what I would call mint just tidy the last one of those I sold in 2001 I got £350 I also sold a very clean xr4i the same week and was chuffed when it made £650 on eBay try buying one now
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Julie Z3 »

Hindsights a wonderful thing Beerbelly :D If I,d managed to keep all the cars and especially bikes over the last 39 years of motoring I would be comfortably retired ny now!