WTB: Drivers side door handle (inner)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
z3steve

Z3 roadster 2.2i

WTB: Drivers side door handle (inner)

Post by z3steve »

Hi does anyone have an inner door handle - the part you hold to pull the door shut (not the lever to open the door part) it's a black plastic with the the mirror switch iykwim!?

Cheers as always

Steve

Mod Edit: Moved to the correct section. R.
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: WTB: Drivers side door handle (inner)

Post by Boosh »

There might be some on offer IN THE STOCK EXCHANGE SECTION, where this post might belong, perhaps?
Of all previous forums I have been on, this is the only one with a dedicated section for parts/cars to be advertised/asked for. I personally think it makes it much easier to sort through posts depending on what justifies your visit: parts wanted (STOCK EXCHANGE), advice needed(RANGE SPECIFIC), how-to (KNOWLEDGE BASE), meets, gallery, and so on.
Wouldn't it be a right pain if all posts were bunched together? I understand moderators take on that role on voluntary basis, and therefore probably have other things to do than to move posts to their relevant section.
So let's do the responsible thing and follow protocol. And using the search facility before starting an nth thread about water ingress for instance, is also useful to keep members involved before boredom sets in.
I find this site an incredible ally in owning a Z, it would be a shame to see it go 'pear shape'...
I'm going for a ride, that'll calm me down.
See you all later,

Boosh.
z3steve

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by z3steve »

My apologies for putting it in the wrong section Boosh.

Steve
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

That's ok, you just happened to be the third one in the last few days to post a wanted/for sale post in the wrong section. Nothing personal, I just had to voice it. Perhaps your post will be moved over.
Anyway, good luck with your search.

Boosh.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hey Boosh - you're starting to sound like Donald Trump.... :lol:
He is always saying he just wants to do the right thing.... Go for it lad !!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

Ouch! I didn't think I was gonna become Mr Popular, but that stings!
I just like the fact that this forum has specific sections with specific purposes. Perhaps I was a bit quick to get on my soap box.
As for Trump, perhaps we should request a new Politics section!

Boosh.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

:lol: :lol: ...... As long as you don't have a hair issue as he does... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Southernboy wrote::lol: :lol: ...... As long as you don't have a hair issue as he does... :wink:
Are you suggesting that's not his natural hair?
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

No hair, no issue... sadly, I might add. I think he's got bigger issues than his hair, but let's leave it for another forum altogether.
Another fine example of alleviating potential tension with humour on this forum. Thanks, SouthernBoy,

Boosh.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

You need a new one, not used one, they can't be used twice - one tab must be melted when fitting, so on used one you will already have one fitting point broken.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Denis,
Not sure what you are referring to - but I've fit second-hand ones a number of times. As the molded plastic is old, a heavy handed passenger can snap the plastic area that holds the screw - but with care they will last a while. I've also managed to fix a broken part by using a fiber mat soaked in epoxy.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

BonBon wrote:Denis,
Not sure what you are referring to - but I've fit second-hand ones a number of times. As the molded plastic is old, a heavy handed passenger can snap the plastic area that holds the screw - but with care they will last a while. I've also managed to fix a broken part by using a fiber mat soaked in epoxy.
Yes, "with care" and it requires some DIY to fit second-hand. I managed to drill the handle from backside and screw it to door card near that melted tab, and also before fitting I melted biger diameter metallic spacers around that plastic area that holds the screw to even more the pulling force. But the handles are not so expensive unless they are from extended leather interior or z3m, so it doesn't make much sense just not to buy a new one.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

I am referring to the plastic tab at the top of the handle (the housing for the mirror switch)
I think you are referring to the lower metal tab at the lower end of te handle that is set into the handle. I have never seen one of those tabs break off the handle and this is a bigger problem.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

BonBon wrote:I am referring to the plastic tab at the top of the handle (the housing for the mirror switch)
I think you are referring to the lower metal tab at the lower end of te handle that is set into the handle. I have never seen one of those tabs break off the handle and this is a bigger problem.
No, I am referring to the same tab as you. The other end is fitted just to door card, no problems with that side ever, it goes off together with door card if clips are broken.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

So I still don't understand why you say that a handle cannot be used twice (which I have done numerous times). I am not aware of any tab in the top bracket that is "melted" when inserted. If I recall correctly, there is a hole for the screw (behind the mirror) and a small nib that is used to position the handle.