BMW Z3 ROOF WITH EXCELLENT REAR WINDOW.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

BMW Z3 ROOF WITH EXCELLENT REAR WINDOW.

Post by jonzee »

Hi
I have for sale a very good condition z3 roof in Black with excellent rear window.
£120 collection from South Cerney in Gloucestershire.
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: BMW Z3 ROOF WITH EXCELLENT REAR WINDOW.

Post by jonzee »

Still for sale price reduced £100
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jonzee »

Still for sale £90, this is a bargain as i need the space.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

If it's an OEM window you might want to consider cutting your losses and selling only that for probably not far short of your latest asking price if you put it on ebay.

Changing whole roofs doesn't seem to be something people tackle much (I guess they have new budget roof skins fitted instead) which may be why it's not selling.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

mrscalex wrote:If it's an OEM window you might want to consider cutting your losses and selling only that for probably not far short of your latest asking price if you put it on ebay.

Changing whole roofs doesn't seem to be something people tackle much (I guess they have new budget roof skins fitted instead) which may be why it's not selling.
If you did this, I would be interested in the 3 rubber seals each side that go around the window presuming they are still attached to the roof.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

g8jka wrote:If you did this, I would be interested in the 3 rubber seals each side that go around the window presuming they are still attached to the roof.
If jonzee can't help here I will have them off the breaker. But I can't take them off (to keep things watertight) till the car is ready to go to the scrap yard. That could be a couple of months away.
ImageImage
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. It all depends on how bad the ones on my new zed are as they have had a dodgy repair in the past, but its not on the road yet and I don't know if and how bad it leaks so I don't know how quickly I might need some!
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jonzee »

Hi all
It would be a travesty to strip this roof because it is such a good one and in all fairness it is a doddle to swap roof's over.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I didn't mean to imply it was difficult. Although I wouldn't think it was something a lot of people would tackle because of the perception of it being difficult.

I think the problem is being able to get a new roof for as little as £280. Personally I'd rather have a nice second-hand original one like yours but I suspect some people would look at it differently.
ImageImage
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jonzee »

I can see what you mean, When i went to collect the roof it was still on the sellers car and he took it off for me I reckon it took him barely 30 mins but would probable be a good hour plus to swap it over and is a two man job.
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jonzee »

Still for sale.
jonzee

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jonzee »

SOLD thanks Mike.
zedzedthree

blank

Post by zedzedthree »

And thank you!
Enjoyed the drive, top down in pleasant weather and left with a tremendous spare hood ready for that inevitable day.........
The description totally matched the condition and I would recommend buyers without reservation.

Mike