For sale!!! Z3 3.0i. How much???

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
webby

Z3 roadster 3.0i

For sale!!! Z3 3.0i. How much???

Post by webby »

Going to be selling my baby. Black 3.0i z3. Black with black leather. Some m upgrades. Wing mirrors. Wheels etc. Good condition really. Had it 12 years. 116000 miles.

Question is...... How much do I list it for?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: For sale!!! Z3 3.0i. How much???

Post by Southernboy »

I would suggest you do an honest appraisal of the condition of the car - exterior / paint/body/tyres etc. and the interior condition too... leather scuffing, trim fit, carpets etc etc. And the engine bay. General mechanical condition of brake discs & calipers, exhaust and suspension.
If you're satisfied that all is in as near as dammit to perfect, then ask £ 8000. But it would seem the going price recently is around £5 - 6000+

I know from personal experience that black paintwork is probably the most difficult - undercoat is always white and stone chips show up like an ugly rash.. you'd have thought they would use a black undercoat...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

I think we might all be getting a bit carried away with what a 3.0 is worth. This one is not selling at £5k and is nice enough with 124k miles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-3-0I-S ... 2147436500

It would need to have say 25k miles or less to have a chance of reaching £8k in my view.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Living in South Africa, I have to say "black is beautiful".... :D

Black cars are way more desirable than any other colour other than possibly red and silver, plus at 116k miles, it's still a low mileage for a Z3.
Perhaps £8K is optimistic, but if it's in pristine condition,(no rust spots or dysfunctional instrument cluster etc)... and you're not in a hurry to sell, it's worth waiting for the right buyer. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
webby

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by webby »

Wow. I was thinking about 2k and its in pretty good condition. Just general wear and tear. I'm trying to add a pic but it's not letting me !!!!
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

If you're expectation was £2k then I feel we must ensure you get sound advice as that's too low. But £8k and probably even £6k is too high. No point sending you the other way. You will see the odd car for sale between £6k and £8k currently but those are silly prices. I'm not saying there isn't some wally who might pay that money but they would need to be a wally given what else is currently on offer.

Look on Ebay at what cars have sold for - not so much what they are listed for. Search for Z3 3.0 and select Sold Listings down on the left. You will see 3 cars comparable to yours have gone through for around £3k recently. A 70k miles one went through for £4.5k. And these are Sport versions which are more desirable than non-Sport.

You can also check on Gumtree (yes, always lots of Z3s on there) and Auto Trader although you won't see what they sold for there. It's still of interest to see what people are trying to get.

A lot depends on condition but my feeling would be to start fishing at £4k max. £4.5k if you want to push the boat out a bit more. But remember 3 have sold recently for just £3k. I don't think you'd have a quick sale with a 4 in front.

Those prices are if it's a Sport. I'd say you need £500 maybe a bit more shaved off your price if it's not a Sport.

Did you realise photos need to be hosted externally and linked to?

You really need to check for yourself and make the final judgement. However if it really only owes you £2k and you want a quick sale just give me your address and I'll be round this evening!
ImageImage
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Remember pics need to be hosted externally - go to stock exchange and follow the link that explains it.

As for price - I'll take it now for £2k without seeing it, Infact I'd probably take it for 3k as well. A good quality 3.0l will go for 8 as Barry says but you need to have everything done, and receipts to prove it. £5k is a good price for someone serious about buying a good 3.0l in my opinion. The only problem is lots of people want a summer car and see other variants for less, it's only when you appreciate the engine difference you accept the extra cost.

It also depends how desperate you are for a sale? When it was last MOT did you have any advisories and were they resolved?
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

£2k is bite your hand off without seeing it. £3k isn't. These are all recent 3.0 Sports through Ebay (sold) and whilst all have some faults there's nothing likely to put you off at the price.

117k miles £3k - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rare-bmw-z3-3 ... 1862857001

155k miles £3.1k - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-3-0-/282030686463

105k miles £2.8k - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bmw-z3-3-0-ro ... 2368438382

Most 3.0s do not go for £5-£8k. The OP has a car with 116k miles. You'll only start getting into that money under 60k ish and the biggest money under 30k ish.

If it's a really nice one and as it's black it might, just might be worth putting up at £5k.

This one has done 124k and looks very tidy. It's not selling at £5k. So I'm not sure how the OP will get more unless someone is desperate for a black one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-3-0I-S ... 2147436500
ImageImage
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

£4,000 to £5,000. The UK market is lower than elsewhere in Europe and some other countries - our car market must be awash with used cars.