Z3 2.2 Sport Someone Take it off me before I murder it

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
miniman

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Z3 2.2 Sport Someone Take it off me before I murder it

Post by miniman »

Somebody please buy this off me it drives too well to break it!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... =p&adPos=1

I have a breakers yard and I need parts for my 3.0 Z3 and this has what I need! PLUS I know what the bits are worth breaking it butttttttttttt Ive been using it as a daily and It drives impeccably!!! I'm completely torn and may well up if I start breaking it. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Does no-one want it?
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Z3 2.2 Sport Someone Take it off me before I murder it

Post by mrscalex »

What's a group insurance loss? Whatever it is I'm sure you know already that however light (or non-existent in your case?) the damage is it affects the value by about 40%. That said I think you have the right sort of money on it. And it looks like a nice one.

It's the end of the summer and there's been a huge selection of Z3s available recently so I think people are looking less and where they are they're just spoilt for choice and it will be a waiting game for you.

Now this isn't going to help with your dilemma but if you do decide to break it (and I shouldn't be encouraging you as it would be a bit wicked) then I am looking for a 2.2 engine and would be happy enough with that mileage. But I'm struggling to see how you would extract say £2,000 of useable parts off it compared with just dropping the price for a quick sale to say £2,250.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)