LS1 V8 conversion

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
fok

M coupe S50

LS1 V8 conversion

Post by fok »

I'm selling my current Z3M LS1 V8 conversion engine and gearbox as a pullout. As part of an overall new lease of life for my MC, it's getting something else.

I've had a good few PM's over the years from members investigating their own conversions, so although it'll be offered in the usual LS* circles I thought I'd put it on here to see if anyone does actually want to take the plunge.

Built by Dyno-Torque who have done over 50 conversions, the spec is as follows:

LS1 5.7L alloy V8
243 CNC ported heads
LS2TR Cheeter cam - 215/230 .629/.592 117 lsa.
Hardened pushrods & uprated valve springs
LS6 intake manifold
Ported LS6 throttle body
K&N cone filter
GM wiring loom
GM ECU with Wortec map

Tremec T56 6 speed gearbox with B&M short shift

The standard engine and box are originally a pullout from a written off 18,000 mile UK Monaro and then they've done a further 7000 miles since being tuned and rebuilt for the conversion of my car in 2009.

Depending on the dyno, this set up makes around 450bhp and similar ft/lbs torque at the flywheel. It was built for a road car so it's got a nice spread of power with no shunting or lumpy running. With a more aggressive cam, the peak numbers would be better but I didn't want to sacrifice usability. The car could be driven with the current set up prior to any sale, it'll only be removed once my new motor is finished.

For any questions about a possible conversion of your own speak to Dyno-Torque on 0121 753 0415 they know the car and motor well.

£6000 Now sold

Last edited by fok on Sat 20 May, 2017 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: LS1 V8 conversion

Post by motco »

Does the receiving car have to be an ///M or would any Z3 be compatible. I have a 2.2. I realise that suspension, brakes and diff mounting strength are important too, but it's the engine bay fit that is defining isn't it?
fok

M coupe S50

Post by fok »

It will fit in anything capable of physically accepting it.
Mounts, exhaust, prop, loom, etc will all need work regardless of model, so yes, it'd fit your car if you're prepared to do or get the conversion work done.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

Thanks Fok
fok

M coupe S50

Post by fok »

Now sold gents.....Nobody in the ZR fraternity though. It's going in a 200SX.