HID headlights and foglights. Now Sold

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

HID headlights and foglights. Now Sold

Post by alec.m »

Hi, I`m not sure if I`m calling these by their right name. They came fitted to my car when I bought it but I didn`t like them and had the OEM lights and fogs fitted back on.
Been in my shed for ages but I need some cash for some new shocks and springs so I`m selling them. There`s no instructions or wiring diagram but the mechanic that took them off said it`s straightforward. All the plugs fit the plugs on the car loom. There`s no splicing in to do. You just need the indicators from your oem lights to complete.
I`m asking £80 plus postage at cost.

Last edited by alec.m on Fri 02 Jun, 2017 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: HID headlights and foglights

Post by deni2s »

Not sure those reflectors are HID compliant. Putting HIDs in them is evil. Please sell the HID ballasts/bulbs to some non-z3 owner separately.
kjb1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by kjb1 »

They are not reflectors, they are projectors. I have no issue with putting hid's in a projector unit, ie. where they are meant to be. Issue comes when fitting to reflector style original units.

that is a bargain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

kjb1 wrote:They are not reflectors, they are projectors. I have no issue with putting hid's in a projector unit, ie. where they are meant to be. Issue comes when fitting to reflector style original units.

that is a bargain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up on that. They're sold now, so I'm happy. Perhaps they were too cheap but I've got some money towards my new suspension.