New youtube tag

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

New youtube tag

Post by Robert T »

By popular request I have just added a new youtube tag, which you should see listed along the top of the posting area.

The new tag has the following format:

Code: Select all

[youtube=width,height]videoid[/youtube]
For example, to insert the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9h34xYsRrI into your post, find the video on youtube (just click the link to see this one). Make a note of the video id from either the address bar (it is the bit after ?v=) or if you click the share button, the bit after the last forward slash (/) in the youtu.be link. You will also need the width and height for the video, which you can get by clicking the Embed button which is displayed after clicking Share. At two points in the HTML display you will see width= and height= - you just need the numbers. The code for the example video looks like this:

[youtube=560,315]n9h34xYsRrI[/youtube]

There is also a simpler version of the tag that does not allow you to set the width and height:

[youtube]n9h34xYsRrI[/youtube]
[youtube]n9h34xYsRrI[/youtube]

Enjoy.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: New youtube tag

Post by Dave L2 »

Thanks Rob.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I think that's all mine done. I can't do the ones in the Let's Talk forum (no editing allowed).
Pingu
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Good man, pingu. I have turned editing back on in Let's Talk, so can you give it another try and let me know.

Cheers R.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Thanks Robert :)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Quick update - whilst I was fixing tapatalk to display our custom BBCode tags, I found that they already support a simpler youtube tag than the one I had created, so I have now added a new tag that does not need the width and height to be specified, which is hopefully simpler to use. Tapatalk already supports this tag, and with my fix yesterday is now supports our one with width and height as well, so you can use these and they will render in either the normal forum or on Tapatalk.

Cheers R.