Automatic Image Resizing

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Automatic Image Resizing

Post by Robert T »

I have just made a small alteration to the site that should automatically shrink images that will not fit on the screen. Hopefully this should put an end to images appearing to be cropped by the poster details panel on the right. The change adds a small piece of Javascript to all pages that your browser will run to resize the images if they are too big, so needless to say, if you have disabled Javascript, then it won't work.

Please let me know if it causes any problems and I will take it out again and/or try to fix it. I will need to know what Operating System and Web Browser you are using, as well as the resolution of your screen, so that I can attempt to reproduce any problems.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Automatic Image Resizing

Post by Brian H »

Brilliant Robert, had a look at a few threads and seems to work on the iPad :thumb:
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Hi Robert,

Is this still active? When using my iPad with safari the images do not resize any more.

Cheers

Brian
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

It appears to have fallen off. I'll investigate at the weekend and reinstate it. I may have accidentally reverted it with the knowledgebase changes. :oops:

Cheers R.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Thanks Robert, no rush.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Fixed. :D

I must've added it in a rush and hadn't checked it in, so when I added the knowledgebase link, I accidentally deleted it. Fortunately I make backup copies before I make any changes, so soon reinstated, and this time I've checked the change in. :oops:

Cheers R.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Looks good now, I can see everyone's lovely pics again in full :D