Stock exchange split

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
garyw

Porsche

Stock exchange split

Post by garyw »

Is it not about time to split the stock exchange in to 'for Sale' and 'wanted' sections ?

As the car gets older and parts more scarce, its an ideal way to keep the cars going...

Also stops things for sale getting lost in the swarms of wanted stuff!
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Stock exchange split

Post by XVar »

I think that'd be a good idea, or even go for something more fancy such as the PHPBB3 Classifieds mod: http://phpbb3hacks.com/modifications.ph ... lassifieds

It'd be a departure from the norm, for sure, but it does look like a great mod - maybe worth looking into?
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I agree the section would be better split but you can use the search function within the section to sort 'For sale' then use the advanced search to pull up topic titles.

Example

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/search.p ... mit=Search
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I'll take a look at the classifieds mod when I get a chance. Quite happy to do things like this is there is a definite benefit to the forum. I have been mulling over a better way of presenting items which are perpetually for sale as well, as these tend to get repeated bumps to get them back to the top of the thread list, often at the expense of other posts. Splitting into for sale and wanted wouldn't be difficult, just need to see if it is the right thing to do.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

While we are talking about the for sale section, how about those who make and sell more than one of an item being encouraged to contribute financially or sponsor the forum?

Don't want to dissuade people from making bits for the cars, but if profit is being made it should be shared with the storefront.
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue